Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The Master Data Management (MDM) Analyst facilitates discussions with stakeholders to define MDM business and technical requirements, build inputs into the MDM solution, and configures the MDM solution. Responsible for designing and delivering the Master Data Management technology foundation across the entire organization with the goal of developing improved data quality and analytics.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the design and implementation of the MDM technology environments.
- Identify solutions which improve data architecture, quality, and processes as well as drive the implementation of such solutions through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise master data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Develop and implement a periodic review, inclusive of robust reporting, of all master data to ensure data is current and accurate across business functions, conforms to business rules, and meets data quality standards.
- Manage, analyze, and resolve master data initiative issues and manage master data revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
- Work with application analysts, software vendors, and developers to ensure we have correct requirements for the developers to create integrations between the Master Data Management domains and the applications that contribute and consume the data.
- Provide reporting coupled with suggested actions to leaders whose teams provide master data inputs, to reduce data quality issues, non-value record maintenance, and process deviation.
- Develop and implement strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable master data designs to ensure that business needs are met.
- Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements and adhere to enterprise standards, technology initiatives, and data governance processes.
- Ensure master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to the data quality.
- Perform master data additions, changes and deletions in accordance with procedures and business rules.
- Conduct master data profiling and cleaning to purge old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access.
- Implement and then monitor key performance indicators to ensure data accuracy and data management policies are working as expected
- Develop full understanding of data domains and their integration points.
- Create the documentation of MDM technical deliverables and work products.
- Implement MDM best practice recommendations.
- Seek opportunities to contribute to positive outcomes for business stakeholders.
- Provide advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Participate in development and maintenance of data dictionaries, to include identification of business-critical fields.
- Assist with the integration of the MDM system with operational systems/processes.
- Perform audits to ensure employees have proper access to systems, applications and equipment.
- Educate users on master data processes and business rules.
- Assist with new user set up to ensure employees have proper access to systems, applications and equipment.
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs.
- This position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.