Marketing Specialist I
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position will help implement a variety of Marketing discipline initiatives. Responsibilities will include creation of content and communications campaigns to promote and generate demand for the company’s Medicare products and services to prospective members, as well as brokers and providers. This role serves as a strategic communications resource. Duties may include assessment of opportunities and engagements to the execution of marketing plans, and development of promotional materials, educational content, and digital and social media assets to meet organizational objectives.
1. Required Work Experience
* 4 years of experience in Marketing, advertising, or related field
* 2 years of project management experience
2. Required Education
* High School Diploma
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
* 2 year(s) of experience in Healthcare, Medical, or Insurance Marketing field
* 1 year Medicare industry experience a plus
2. Preferred Education
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field of study
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Execute on marketing plans and deliverables in a timely fashion.
* Project manage marketing deliverables including but not limited to, direct mail, digital advertising, landing pages, social media, video, OOH, event collateral, virtual events, etc.
* Work under management direction to develop and write creative briefs for projects
* Review member and broker research and other BCBSAZ data to gain insight into our members and brokers
* Suggest and create content plans aligned with the editorial calendar for portals, microsites, newsletters, and emails
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams and departments to ensure stakeholder input, accuracy of deliverables (, and adherence to Compliance guidelines).
* Communicate with cross-functional teams, internal marketing team members and external partners to make sure goals and objectives are accomplished.
* Set up appropriate results tracking for campaigns.
* Ensure that all communications adhere to BCBSAZ brand and style guidelines, corporate and regulatory compliance standards where required
* Assure quality and accuracy of all deliverables and as they go through the approval process.
* Manage the legal process for materials requiring submittal.
* Reference desk-level procedures and documentation for specific responsibilities to meet Compliance requirements
* The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
* Written communications skills
2. Required Professional Competencies
* Work effectively with staff from all divisions
* Advanced attention to detail and quality focused
* Knowledge of advertising and branding principles
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while coordinating multiple projects within the assigned deadlines.
* Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with excellent attention to detail within demanding deadlines
* Self-directed, capable of completing assignments with minimal direction
* Able to champion development and execution of critical campaigns, programs, and initiatives
* Possess excellent professional and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and interface with all levels of employees and leadership
* Able to identify alternative ways to solve business needs/problems
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
* Able to work effectively and communicate with external vendors
* Understand how to work through complex political situations and team dynamics
* Able to identify, mitigate, or resolve challenging situations with little or no management involvement
* Translate daily work into overall company goals and objectives
* Make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines
* Interpret BCBSAZ’s goals and apply them to projects and deliverables
* Able to work effectively with employees from all divisions
1. Preferred Job Skills
* Spanish (written and spoken) is a plus
* Working in a compliance-driven organization
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
* Experience using project management software (WorkFront, Basecamp, Workamajig, etc.)
* Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (e.g., Salesforce)
* Experience managing marketing projects from inception to implementation
* Experience working with email/digital communications tools
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.