Marketing Specialist I- Medicare (prior Medicare Mktg exper required)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The Medicare Marketing Specialist (MMS) will create content and communication campaigns to be used to educate and promote the company’s Medicare products and services to brokers, providers, and members. The MMS will collaborate with the Medicare Marketing, Sales and Product teams to ensure consistent voice and messaging in all communications and that all deliverables embody and are aligned with the company’s brand and voice. The MMS will be cross-trained and actively participate in the review, development, updating of dynamically programmed content, and finalization of all Medicare AEP materials, including the submission and trafficking of documents for approvals and graphic design. The MMS serves as a strategic communications resource, from the assessment of opportunities and engagements, to the execution of promotional collateral, educational content, talking points, videos, social media content and other written materials.
- Provide input into project plans for area of responsibility with management oversight
- Work under the general supervision of the Senior Marketing Specialist or Senior Manager
- Evaluate competitor materials to understand the messages they have in the market place
- Suggest and create content plans aligned with the editorial calendar for portals, microsites, newsletters, and emails
- Draft/edit content for compelling flyers, video scripts, newsletter, and infographic content
- Be proactive in communicating with clients about status of projects to set expectations
- Attend cross team meetings
- Be proficient in the use of email marketing communication tools
- Understand print production processes and requirements
- Process PDFs for 508c remediation with vendor for website
- Process documents to vendor for translations
- Provide support to internal Medicare sales, marketing and product teams who require new or revised materials
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels
- Working under management direction, translate business needs and goals to develop compelling creative briefs for Creative Services for key projects
- Develop sales communications, newsletter articles, and marketing collateral member and broker audiences
- Deliver work that has been fact checked, reviewed for CMS marketing guidelines, legal reviewed, proofed for accuracy and error free, and on-time
- Deploy segmented e-communications based on criteria established by campaign owner
- Review member and broker research and other BCBSAZ data to gain insight into our members and brokers
- Ensure content adheres to BCBSAZ brand and style guidelines.
- Ensure that all communications adhere to corporate and regulatory compliance standards and secure necessary approvals of content where required.
- Work a full-time schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while coordinating multiple projects within the assigned deadlines.
- Able to work some nights and weekends as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements