Marketing and Advertising Specialist Sr (Hybrid) (Medicare exp)
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This hybrid work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
- The position will implement Marketing discipline initiatives; including advertising, public relations, social media, internal and external communications, events, requests for proposals, market research, competitive intelligence, product management and development, and creative collateral to meet organizational objectives for the company’s Medicare segment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 4 year(s) of experience in Marketing field (Applies to Level 1)
- 5 year(s) minimum of experience in Marketing field (Applies to Level 2)
- High school diploma or GED in general field of study (All levels)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 5 year(s) of experience in Healthcare Marketing field (Applies to Level 1)
- 7 year(s) of experience in Healthcare Marketing field (Applies to Level 2)
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field of study (Applies to All Levels)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and Execute on marketing plans and deliverables in a timely fashion and with little oversight
- Create marketing plans, creative briefs in support of business-level strategic goals.
- Provide strategic recommendations and project manage marketing deliverables including but not limited to, direct mail, digital advertising, social media, video, website, event collateral, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure stakeholder input and accuracy of deliverables.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams, internal marketing team members and external partners to make sure goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Set up appropriate results tracking for campaigns.
- Assure quality and accuracy of all deliverables and make sure they go through the proper Q&A process.
- Manage the legal process for materials requiring submittal.
- Guide and develop marketing discipline tactics and initiatives.
- Create and manage communication projects for key segments and target audiences.
- Manage campaign reporting when needed and provide insights based on data.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on creative deliverables.
- Work independently and manage programs from start to finish.
- Reference additional desk-level documentation for specific responsibilities by Marketing discipline.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Applies to Level 2)
Required Professional Competencies
- Work effectively with staff from all divisions (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced attention to detail (Applies to All Levels)
- Manage projects effectively (Applies to All Levels)
- Work with minimal supervision (Applies to Level 2)
- Expert level writing and presentation skills (Applies to Levels 2)
- Work independently (Applies to All Levels)
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Translate daily work into overall company goals and objectives (Applies to Levels 2 )
- Lead cross functional teams (Applies to All Levels)
- Able to identify, mitigate, or resolve challenging situations with little or no management involvement
- Make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively and communicate with external vendors
- Understand how to work through complex political situations and team dynamics
Preferred Job Skills
- Basic knowledge of the Arizona health insurance market (Applies to All Levels)
- Working in a compliance-driven organization
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Create analysis of complex data for executive management (Applies to Level 2)
- Experience using project management software (WorkFront, Basecamp, Workamajig, etc.)
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (e.g., Salesforce)
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Create Marketing discipline strategies to advance initiatives throughout organization (Applies to All Levels)
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.