Manager Trading Partner Data - Claims - AZ
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the job
Directs and manages activities for Trading Partner Data including extracts and EDI transactions. Directs and manages a team of analysts to provide high quality data integration for BCBSAZ Trading Partners. Manages the performance of a team of experienced Analysts. Mentors, coaches and ensures retention of resources. Assists the teams and Sr. Manager in creating and maintaining vision. Will be point of contact for overcoming blockers and escalations. Works with BCBSAZ management and business area to ensure alignment of team objectives.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience with data integration
- 3 years of project management experience
- 2 years of experience with demonstrated leadership responsibilities in a lead or supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, computer systems, or related field
Preferred Work Experience
- 7 years of project management experience
- 2 years of management or supervisory experience
- 3 years of project management experience, preferably within a large-scale, complex, IT organization
- Master’s Degree in business, computer science or related field
- Product Owner Certification
- Technical certifications in reporting and data integration
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with business and IT leaders to define product vision, and ensure that teams have appropriate business requirements, technical specifications, resources and plans and to execute projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure that the team complies with change control guidelines.
- Leads teams in supporting Trading Partner data for flat file and EDI Transactions.
- Coordinate with other IT areas related to deliverables, testing, release and deployment, implementation tasks.
- Provide cost estimates and/or benefit analysis for project and data integration for new partner relationships.
- Participate in the design and development of new requests in direct support of the organization’s business and quality objectives.
- Provide direction and resources to deliver products effectively. Provide clear concise communication keeping stakeholders informed and escalates issues to senior leadership timely to minimize disruption. Give presentations, organize project meetings and conduct system demonstrations with audiences comprised of various levels of users including executive leadership.
- Develop a culture of trust, accountability, teamwork, high quality results and continuous improvement. Demonstrate leadership abilities along with good judgment and decision making skills. Monitor individual employee performance; help resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues. Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development. Hold team members accountable for adhering to corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversee day-to-day departmental administration by coaching and motivating departmental personnel to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Develop staff, including development and maintenance of training materials for new and existing staff, establishing performance goals, regular follow up with staff and year-end performance evaluations.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals. Ensure service level agreements are established, monitored and managed effectively; identify, prioritize, and resolve issues with business areas and vendors.
- Monitor quality performance, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies.
- Review relevant production and operating policies to ensure that the most efficient processes are in place and determine tactical plans to improve processes and services that can be streamlined and/or improved.
- Participate with management in formulating goals for the team.
- Participate in budgeting process, including resource capacity planning.
- Participate in developing technical strategy; to scale and standardize our Trading Partner data.
- Establish and meet short- and long-term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
- Assist in identifying gaps, mitigating issues, and developing alternative solutions for plans in play.
- Partner with other technology leaders to identify points of leverage, integration, and resource sharing.
- Develop timelines, work estimates, cost projections, and manage projects to approved guidelines; review and consult on design and technical approach of projects to ensure consistency.
- Provide analytical, process driven team support and planning for IT projects and initiatives.
- Ensure change management protocols maximize benefit and alleviate unnecessary disruption.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Conduct vendor negotiations to contain or reduce contract services expense and/or one time purchase expense
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Position may require evening, weekend, or on-call schedules, depending on project requirements and/or system status.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Expert technical skills related to analysis and design techniques for batch, real-time, and online systems
- Advanced Knowledge of hardware, software, telecommunications, operating systems, and applications.
- Experience working with high volume, transactional, large capacity systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Is able to write reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Is able to coach and mentor associates.
- Proficient with Agile practices.
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to take appropriate risks, using available data.
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
- Capable of investigative and analytical research
- Anticipate downstream technical needs and steer architectural designs to appropriately factor in considerations.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Highly skilled at designing and implementing multiple tier architecture solutions, developing high-performance and secure systems and system integration
- Work effectively with management, project managers, business analysts, developers, engineers, architects, system administrators, and QA to conceive, design, and deliver successful software solutions.
- Able to operate at varying levels of abstraction including business and product strategy, design, and implementation
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments levels
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
Preferred Job Skills
- Knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy standards.
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate flexibility, anticipate customer needs and effectively communicate in a timely manner consistent with the business strategy.
- Advanced tactical planning and decision analysis skills
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and external customers
- Advanced project management skills
- Create business requirements, technical specifications, test plans and test scripts
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Identify resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for staff growth Promote and supports the overall quality principles and company quality program
- Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work environment
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations
- Resource management skills
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.