Manager, Security Operations Center (SOC)
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Technical Manager that manages all Security Operations Center (SOC) including staff training, personnel oversight, department
staffing, department annual budget administration and forecasting. This position oversees the day to day functions of the SOC.
owner for all ongoing activities that serve to provide appropriate access to and protect the confidentiality and integrity of
customer, employee, and business information in compliance with organization policies and standards. Also, this position is to
help provide protection of corporate assets for the organization from the perspectives of business continuity planning, and the
day-to-day management of the ISS department. This position supports and implements Corporate Information Security direction
set forth by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) that assures BCBSAZ’s customers that BCBSAZ is a secure company
that intends to preserve the privacy and confidentiality of data and will remain their health insurance company.
1. Required Work Experience
· 5 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems
· 3 years of experience in information security and/or security operations
· 2 years of monitoring and/or troubleshooting and problem-solving experience
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 7 years of experience in information security
· 5 years of experience performing security operations duties
· 3 years of lead or manager experience in security
2. Preferred Education
· Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, information technology, computer systems, or related field
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications (one or more)
GIAC Security Operations Certified (GSOC), Certified Information Security Administrator (CISA), Certified Information
Security Manager (CISM), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), or GIAC
Defending Advanced Threats (GDAT)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
?? Technical Manager that will report to the CISO.
· Mentor and coach direct reports to identify needed skill sets and growth opportunities in order to build a better team to
support our information security needs.
· Lead the SOC in performing daily responsibilities in a timely manner.
· Responsible for coordination, communication, escalation and management of security incidents.
· Develop tactical and strategic capabilities of the SOC.
· Work on and coordinate special projects as requested by management.
· Establish goals and complete performance evaluations for all subordinates.
· Partner with other technology leaders to identify points of leverage, integration, detection and containment.
· Maintains departmental metrics & measures to adequately monitor SOC performance.
· Produce and enhance routine operational reports.
· Manage and drive SOC effectiveness and operational efficiency.
· Responsible for maintaining up to date processes and procedures.
· Develop goals and performance plans for direct reports.
· Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to
achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service. The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is
defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any overtime as requested or needed to perform job responsibilities.
· Position may require evening, weekend, or on-call schedules, depending on project requirements and/or system status.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Required Job Skills · Manage daily, weekly and event-based reporting for trending, planning, and situational awareness. · Effective verbal and written communications · Oversees the response, investigation, and resolution of security incidents. · Develop and improve processes for incident detection, triage, and the execution of countermeasures. · Assist with long-term operations strategy planning and execution. · Advanced knowledge of security principles, standards, and procedures. · Advanced skills in process creation, improvement, and documentation. · Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones · Intermediate PC proficiency · Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software · Knowledge of hardware, software, telecommunications, operating systems, and applications. · Knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy standards. · Knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, and LINUX operating systems. 1. Required Professional Competencies
· Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment · Anticipate downstream technical needs and steer architectural designs to appropriately factor in considerations. · Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions. · Effective collaboration skills. · Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy · Project management fundamentals · Strong analytical problem solving, and management skills demonstrated in a variety of settings 2. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies · Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints. · Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment · Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments · Strong organizational and management skills.
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Previous SOC experience.
· Programming experience
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
· Demonstrate flexibility, anticipate customer needs and communicate in a manner consistent with business strategy
· Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and
· Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and key drivers and measures for success
· Advanced understanding of HIPAA transactions and privacy requirements
· Presentation and public speaking abilities
· Project management skills
· Conceptualize new business architecture and infrastructure
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Identify resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for staff growth
· Promote and support the overall quality principles and company quality program
· Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking
· Develop an enthusiastic and positive work environment
· Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations
· Resource management skills
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.