Manager - Digital Technologies - Remote AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Digital Technologies Manager is an IT professional who leads by empowering Agile teams, is responsible for the recruitment and talent development of IT staff, championing, and leading communities of practice, and ensuring quality
delivery of technical solutions that bring value to the enterprise. This professional must be highly proficient in leading high-performance teams to provide quality and timely delivery of business objectives.
The Digital Technologies Manager will also be accountable for technology roadmaps and ensure that teams comply with policies and best practices. This role will be responsible for the detailed design of technology related projects from inception through production support providing industry best practices as a trusted advisor to key business and technology stakeholders. The IT manager will provide exceptional technical solutioning and thought leadership and will collaborate closely with various digital teams, vendors, and business partners.
Required Work Experience
· 10 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems
· 7 years of experience with application design and development.
· 3 years of experience architecting applications in .Net and Microsoft Technologies
· 3 years of experience in implementation and integration of digital enterprise-level applications in a complex business environment
· 3 year of leadership experience with proven ability to provide effective technical solutions to meet business needs
· 2 years of experience leading and managing the deployment of large digital projects across various technologies
· Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
1. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
2. Required Licenses
3. Required Certifications
Preferred Work Experience
· 5 years of IT management experience with demonstrated leadership responsibilities and direct people management
· 2 years of experience managing and leading people in an Agile environment.
· 5 years of experience architecting applications in .Net and Microsoft Technologies
· 2 years of experience in cloud-based system design · Demonstrated experience across multiple IT technology domains including software development languages and platforms, design frameworks and patterns, infrastructure platforms, data management and database technologies, cloud and networking technologies, and security frameworks
· Experience in applying Service-Oriented Architecture to solutions.
1. Preferred Education
· Master’s Degree in business, computer science or related field
2. Preferred Licenses
3. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop a culture of trust, accountability, teamwork, high quality results and continuous improvement.
· Demonstrate leadership abilities along with good judgment and decision-making skills.
· Monitor individual employee performance; help resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues.
· Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
· Hold team members accountable for adhering to corporate policies and procedures.
· Hire and coach employees. Manage individual performance objectives and yearly reviews. Develop and maintain high performing teams that provide quality and timely delivery of business objectives.
· Develop, execute, and maintain staffing and training plans to ensure the department is appropriately staffed and can provide the technical skills needed to support the enterprise.
· Provide recognition and corrective feedback to employees regularly
· Responsible to facilitate and ensure a positive employee experience in the onboarding, engagement, and development of new team members in a manner that provides guidance, inspiration, and accountability.
· Provide leadership and mentoring to team members on behaviors, processes and techniques required to successfully deliver value to the organization. Remove impediments, manage risks, and resolve issues.
· Regularly attend team ceremonies except for Retrospectives. Reinforce Agile practices with team members and maintain relationships across the organization to ensure alignment of goals and consistency of practices, processes,
· Remove impediments escalated by Scrum Masters or Product Owners relating to technical roadblocks or personnel issues and drive resolution to team capacity issues.
· Responsible for the review of IT Applications assigned to their teams. Accountable for budget oversight and license management. This responsibility also includes, in partnership with Architecture roles, developing and maintaining technology roadmaps for applications to ensure currency, best practice usage and business fit. Ensure that the application roadmap fits into the larger IT strategic plan.
· Expected to have a solid understanding of the projects and issues the teams is involved in and ensure communication of critical successes, issues, and incidents to leadership.
· Assist with vendor management, as necessary.
· Ensure the team is completing requisite documentation such as sprint summaries, release notes, scorecards, etc.
· Develop scorecard and KPI metrics to be used for measuring team success and ensure compliance.
· Provide guidance, perform audit, and ensure compliance of best practices and standards set forth in the SDLC and by governance committees.
· Contribute ideas to future state technology roadmap definitions and makes recommendations to ensure effective investments are made to enable scale, quality, and maintenance and overall cost effectiveness.
· Facilitate/contribute to at least one "Community of Practice" that sets standards, provides shared knowledge opportunities, and oversees improvements to those specific areas of IT.
· Lead strategic IT objectives that drive improvements necessary to serve the enterprise.
· Understand key regulatory requirements (PCI, NACHA, HIPAA, 508 compliances etc.) and their potential impacts on Digital solutions/Products
· Ensuring solutions conform to Architecture Principles and validating requirements to facilitate effectively developed solutions.
· Delivery of Digital Impact Assessments, including sizing estimates for squad effort
· Leading the design and implementation of custom technical solutions, on-premises, cloud (Azure/AWS) and hybrid cloud.
· Work closely with digital delivery teams to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
· Other duties as assigned
1. Required Job Skills · The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers. · Strong leadership, collaboration, and influencing skills are required. Must have the ability to persuade and build consensus cross-functionally as an evangelist in a team oriented fashion. · Knowledge and experience with application technologies implemented within delivery organization. · Experience and knowledge in current technical architectures. · Mastery of coding design patterns and services architecture · A proven track record of using technology to capitalize on business opportunities and deliver projects on time and on budget consistently. · Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies · Strong knowledge of application security and securing the complete solution · Mastery of coding design patterns and services architecture
1. Preferred Job Skills · Knowledge and understanding of Agile practices and application development practices. 2. Preferred Professional Competencies · Demostrate flexibility, anticipate customer needs and effectively communicate in a timely manner consistent with the business strategy. · Advanced tactical planning and decision analysis skills.
· Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and external customers. · Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and key drivers and measures fo success. · Advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory. · Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information. · Advanced understanding of HIPAA transactions and privacy requirements. · Presentation and public speaking abilities. · Development and application of budgeting concepts, processes and procedures. · Interpret medical, legal and technical data, including state and federal regulations and their effect on operations. · Conceptualize new business architecture and infrastructure. 3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies · Identify resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for staff growth Promote and supports the overall quality principles and company quality program. · Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking. · Develop an enthusiastic and positive work envirnoment with positive impact to employee engagement · Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations. · Resource management skills.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.