Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for a combination of program management, technical management, and relationship management in support of the BPO services team. This position will work with business areas across the organization to assure alignment of business objectives, track internal and external commitments, and supports the execution of business plans. Works with business partners internally and externally to develop and monitor metrics of success and create solutions and remove barriers to ensure business goals are met. Facilitates information exchange and issue resolutions between internal business partners. Provides leadership, support, and the overall management for projects, including scope, budget, risk management, communications, and implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Required Work Experience
* 5 years of experience in healthcare operations
* 3 years of project management experience, including project development
* 5 years of experience in developing short- and long-range plans, financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting
* High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
Preferred Work Experience
* 5 years of experience in healthcare operations, finance, and project management
* 5 years of project management experience
* 3 years of experience in developing short- and long-range strategic plans, financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting
* 2 years of experience working on or with Agile teams
* 2 years of experience with data management/integration and contract negotiations
* Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration, or related field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Applies robust program management skills and partners with the leadership team to operate a large shared services program across multiple disciplines
* Builds critical connections and bridges between other business segments
* Take projects from initial conception to final implementation or in some instances take over a project mid-flight to ensure it stays on track and through successful implementation
* Drive the development of reporting dashboards and continue to evolve reporting to meet the needs of the business
* Provide tactical and strategic input on overall planning and systems-related projects. May manage the efforts of sub-contractors and their workforce.
* Support the CSS leadership in the development and evolution of shared services operations
* Monitor projects, ensuring the program meets milestones, deliverables, budget and objectives
* Provide expert knowledge of roadmaps and strategic view of dependencies and program solution delivery
* Manage requirements, strategic projects, reports, analysis, and deadlines, and coaches on implementation requirements
* Work with partners across the organization to build team relationships aligned with internal and external expectations
* Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and maximize system efficiencies
* Assist with budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service
* Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals
* The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
Required Job Skills
* Expert written and verbal communications
* Acumen to shape clear, compelling messaging
* Basic PC proficiency
* Basic skill in word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software
* Basic skill using departmental BCBSAZ and BCBSA software
Required Professional Competencies
* Proven ability to drive complex projects forward, iterate, and adapt
* An agile problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving organization
* Ability to quickly identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
* Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
* Management skills in an operationally changing environment, with drive for results based on planned objectives
* Knowledge of project management and process improvement methodologies, decision-making tools, planning tools, and data analysis tools
* Knowledge of technology operations
* Strong negotiating skills and the ability to manage complex contractual arrangements
* Strong customer service skills
* Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities
* Communication with multiple levels of management
* Effective risk and issue management
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
* High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
* Principled leadership and sound business ethics
Preferred Job Skills
* Advanced PC proficiency
* Advanced skill in word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.