Lead - User Acceptance Testing
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the job
Responsible for leading user acceptance activities and confirm business objectives are achieved prior to production deployment. This spans all platforms, and this role works cross functionally with business partners, release managers, development teams and vendors.
Required Work Experience
- 1 year of experience with business requirement design and elicitation
- 3 years of experience leading test resources
- 3 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems
- 3 years of experience in data management and reporting
- 3 years of management experience
- 3 years of testing experience in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies including working on migration projects
- 3 years of healthcare industry experience
- 5 years of developing communications and effective communication plans
- High-School Diploma
1. Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems
- 7 years of experience in data management and reporting
- 3 years of experience working in healthcare-related systems as a QA specialist
- 5 years of lead or supervisory experience
- 5 years of project management experience
- 5 years of experience managing deployments of end user services
2. Preferred Education
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage efforts necessary to identify and define Business Requirements/Functional Specifications/User Stories in Customer Service, Vendor Managed and Legacy Applications and surrounding / interfacing systems. This requires working with management and staff in multiple departments.
- Ensure bi-directional traceability from Requirements to Test Cases to Test Results/Defects
- Requirement Management - review of product integration, verification and validation of business requirements using defined business tools. This includes decision analysis and resolution to identify the solution that not only meets the business need but also minimizes risk and impacts to budget.
- Identify, manage, and lead a team of UAT specialists for all components in each project
- Drive all aspects of end user experience, including leading end user communications, adoption, and feedback
- Create and manage hierarchy in Azure DevOps for UAT
- Attend and back up, when needed, at Leadership meetings.
- Report testing status to Testing CoE leadership team
- Perform continuous analysis of process to ensure efficiency and high productivity
- Obtain agreement from appropriate department management regarding the usability of enhancements. This requires the test lead to become familiar with all functionality delivered within a release, and to be able to explain it to our business customers.
- Provide day-to-day oversight to the Functional Testing team
- Collaborate with Governance & Standards Lead to develop reusable templates for documenting test plan, test objectives, test scripts, defects, and test summary
- Establish and maintain close relationships with Business partners, Release managers and Development teams to assist with synchronizing testing activities, issues and report progress
- Coordinate testing activities between multiple onsite/offsite teams and monitor progress, blockers and defects
- Work side by side with each team to assist in producing deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Mentor and coach direct reports team members to identify needed skill sets and growth opportunities in order to enhance support for our business customers.
- Identify and mitigate/escalate risks and issues related to Functional testing
- Validate readiness against entry/exit criteria for UAT and conduct discussions around go/no-go decisions
- In collaboration with Project Manager and E2E Test Lead define the start date of UAT and influence go live dates
- Coordinate with other Enterprise teams to acquire/provision de-identified test data required to support planned testing
- Coordinate with Release/Change/Environment Management teams to setup testing environments to enable the planned testing
- Support Automation team to identify automation opportunities, automate regression test bed and expand automation usage
- Collaborate with Program Manager - Execution to assist in capacity planning and effort estimation
- Track upstream dependencies and take mitigation action as appropriate
- Optimize testing processes based on lessons learned through projects by contributing ideas and making recommendations to ensure efficiency and process improvements
- Communicate to our business customers and the team of high-level goals as well as current issues, accomplishments, and plans.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for our customers and vendors. Engage in conversation as requested with external contacts regarding the Customer Service Application systems.
- Work on and coordinate special projects as requested by management.
- Provide support and back-up to the senior leadership
- Have a solid understanding of all projects and issues and ensure communication of critical successes, issues and blockers to leadership
- Work with management to establish goals and provide input and feedback for performance evaluations of all team members.
- Develop and mentor team by providing opportunities for growth. This is accomplished through delegation, training (internal and external), and assignment to various project teams in addition to timely feedback.
- Communicate openly with team on a regular basis.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule and does not support work from home. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any overtime as requested or needed to perform job responsibilities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Professional Competencies
- Foundational understanding of testing processes within Agile delivery models
- Work with all levels of management and functional areas in BCBSAZ and understand the potential implications of system changes to those areas
- Customer service skills to deal with sensitive and difficult customer situations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a problem-solving mindset
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute Functional testing within various health plan domains (reports, commissions, claims, financials, customer service, operational reports, providers, products, and benefits, etc.)
- Proficient in End-to-End operational flows across various health plan domains (reports, commissions, claims, financials, customer service, operational reports, providers, products, and benefits, etc.)
- Deep understanding of testing methodology, terminology, estimation models, templates etc.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle and associated processes
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Build teams to resolve defects
- Demonstrated ability to identify test automation opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to make effective use of Test Data
- Demonstrated ability to apply Risk Based Testing approach
- Demonstrated ability to effectively leverage testing tools in Test Management
- Demonstrated ability to capture key testing metrics, create accurate status reports, and drive transparency into test execution status
- Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate Risks and Issues related to Testing
- Proficient in estimating effort and allocating work across the team
- Strong understanding of information systems, business processes and the key drivers and measures for success
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to prepare written proposals and deliver presentations.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Strong project management skills
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to lead large testing teams, including vendor teams
- Proficient in representing test status to leadership teams
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments and levels of administration
- Strong organizational and management skills
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Expert knowledge of operating systems, i.e. Windows and systems networking and communication technique
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile practices
- Project management skills
- Presentation and public speaking abilities
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate flexibility, anticipate customer needs, and communicate in a manner consistent with business strategy
- Advanced tactical planning and decision-making skills
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and external customers
- Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and key drivers and measures for success
- Advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory
- Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or new approaches to leverage technology
- Advanced understanding of HIPAA transactions and privacy requirements
- Presentation and public speaking abilities
- Development and application of budgeting concepts, processes, and procedures
- Advanced project management skills
- Interpret medical, legal and technical data, including state and federal regulations and their effect on operations
- Conceptualize new business architecture and infrastructure
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Identify resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for staff growth
- Promote and support the overall quality principles and company quality program
- Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work environment
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations
- Resource management skills
- Skills, experience, and leadership abilities to serve as designated back-up for various IT leaders
- Educate and mentor staff on leadership techniques, staff consulting, work management, etc.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona