IT Product Manager - Remote AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona
Purpose of the job
- IT professional who leads by empowering Agile teams, is responsible for the recruitment and talent development of IT staff, championing and leading communities of practice, and ensuring quality delivery of technical solutions that bring value to the enterprise.
- This leader will work with key business and IT partners to develop strategic plans for the technologies impacting the company. Works to deliver features defined for providing methodology process policies, practices, guidance and tools to the organization.
- Accountable for technology roadmaps and ensure that teams comply with policies and best practices.
- This professional must be highly proficient leading high performance teams to provide quality and timely delivery of business objectives.
Required Work Experience
- 1 year of leadership experience with proven ability to provide effective technical solutions to meet business needs
- 2 years of experience in
a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business
managing and leading people in an Agile environment.
- 3 years of experience in
decomposing high-level initiative information and evaluating the components to forecast work effort required
working with Agile / Scrum work environments as a product owner, writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- Achievement of agile product owner certification within 12 months of placement
Preferred Work Experience
- 3 years of IT management experience with demonstrated leadership responsibilities and direct people management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field
- Agile Product Owner Certification
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, instruct, direct and check the work of other team members.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate projects to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Accountable for the product backlog and prioritization of user stories with team members
- Create business user stories
- Partners with Scrum Master in supporting Scrum Framework
- Shares and decomposes Features into user stories
- Ensures traceability between requirements to features to user stories
- Formally accepts the user stories once all acceptance criteria are met
- Review of test cases against user stories acceptance criteria
- Periodically re-prioritize the Product Backlog based on customer feedback
- Actively participates in Product Backlog grooming sessions, retrospectives, defect management and project team’s release planning sessions
- Accessible for the team to answer questions, and during Sprint planning sessions, and Daily Scrum
- Owns the continual acceptance criteria for business value story user stories
- Create and deliver presentations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and product needs
- Recognized voice of the business to the team
- Works closely with project managers to represent capabilities and features at team level
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Develop a culture of trust, accountability, teamwork, high quality results and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities along with good judgment and decision making skills.
- Monitor individual employee performance; help resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Hire and coach employees. Manage individual performance objectives and yearly reviews. Develop and maintain high performing teams that provide quality and timely delivery of business objectives.
- Develop, execute and maintain staffing and training plans to ensure the department is appropriately staffed and is able to provide the technical skills needed to support the enterprise.
- Provide recognition and corrective feedback to employees regularly
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members on behaviors, processes and techniques required to successfully deliver value to the organization. Remove impediments, manage risks and resolve issues escalated by team members
- Responsible for the review of IT Applications assigned to their teams. Accountable for budget oversight and license management. This responsibility also includes, in partnership with Architecture roles, developing and maintaining technology roadmaps for applications to ensure currency, best practice usage and business fit. Ensure that the application roadmap fits into the larger IT strategic plan.
- Expected to have a solid understanding of the projects and issues the team(s) is involved in and ensure communication of critical successes, issues and incidents to leadership.
- Assist with vendor management, as necessary.
- Ensure the team is completing requisite documentation such as sprint summaries, release notes, scorecards, etc.
- Develop scorecard and KPI metrics to be used for measuring team success and ensure compliance.
- Provide guidance, perform audit and ensure compliance of best practices and standards set forth in the SDLC and by governance committees.
- Responsible for identifying and leading IT best practice, technology enhancements or process improvements, seeking continuous improvement across application delivery teams.
- Lead strategic IT objectives that drive improvements necessary to serve the enterprise.
- Contribute ideas to future state technology roadmap definitions and makes recommendations to ensure effective investments are made to enable scale, quality, and maintenance and overall cost effectiveness
- Maintain relationships across the organization to ensure alignment of goals and consistency of practices, processes and timelines.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, project management, and word processing software
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of and experience with the development of business requirements, user acceptance testing and their supporting toolsets.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites, Windows Server, and networking applications
- Strong understanding of project management and agile best practices and quality improvement principles.
- Intermediate understanding of IT technologies
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to effectively break down barriers to maintain progress on initiatives
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Creativity and innovative problem-solving abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business documentation.
- Experience working with and managing third parties
- Extensive experience and judgment necessary to plan and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge to generate reports based on available data and make decisions based on reported data
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation.
- Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment.
Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Intermediate knowledge of BCBSAZ applications
Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Impeccable project leadership skills
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
- knowledge of internal departments and operations
- Strong technical documentation skills and a strong ability to translate technical concepts so that they are easily understood by laymen.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to Level 2)
- Mentor team members and peers
- Ability to build lesson plans and deliver lessons to team members
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.