IT Environment Operations Manager - Remote AZ
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona
About the Job:
The position is responsible for driving all primary lower environments to deliver the ability for on-time testing and adhere to standards for code promotion so as not to create any disruption of services. The Lower Environment Service Delivery Manager is a hands-on role that will report into the Enterprise Architecture & Data Organization. This is a critical IT role that allows the application landscape to scale up to the demands of an ever-changing technology landscape and to meet the current and future needs of BCBSAZ core businesses.
Purpose of the job
The position is responsible for driving service ownership, roadmap, currency, usability, adoption, and maturity improvements across all the infrastructure service delivery areas. This is a critical IT role that allows the IT infrastructure function to scale up to the demands of an ever-changing technology landscape and to meet the current and future needs of BCBSAZ core businesses.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of leadership experience with proven ability to provide effective solutions to meet business needs
- 3 years of end user facing service deployment experience
- 5 years of project management experience
- 2 years of leading IT infrastructure service deployments
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of IT management experience with demonstrated leadership responsibilities
- 5 years of IT Infrastructure project management experience
- 5 years of experience managing end to end deployments of end user services, including communication and user adoption.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or related field
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Certified Scrum Master
- ITIL v3 Certification
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive foundational and maturity improvement initiatives across all the infrastructure service delivery teams
- Drive all aspects of end user experience for the infrastructure services including leading end user communications, adoption, and feedback
- Drive continuous service improvement across the service portfolio
- Perform the role of a service owner for end user facing services, including Collaboration services.
- Ensure all service delivery teams have defined service strategy, approved service catalog, service roadmaps, technology and platform roadmaps, and comply with policies and best practices
- Ensure all services have documentation, including run and build books; ensure accuracy and currency of service documentation
- Drive and/or support introduction of new IT services, improvement of security, stability, performance and usability of existing services
- Provide project management support for new service introductions and service deployment initiatives
- Support quality delivery of technical solutions that bring value to the enterprise
- Support gathering and assessment of business requirements, collection, and identification of technical specifications
- Drive addressing of gaps in existing services
- Establish/Drive/Track Key Performance Indicators, Scorecards, Metrics, Process Improvements including Kaizens, Productivity, Standards, Automation, Technical Debt reduction, Performance to goals, Cost and Schedule performance, License consumption, and Rolling Action Item Lists
- Ensure all service contracts and vendors are managed to performance commitments
- Track spend to budget, forecasts, purchase requisitions and orders; track upcoming purchase requisitions and ensure on-time processing
- Help develop a culture of trust, accountability, teamwork, high quality results and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities along with good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Help with development of staffing and training plans to ensure the department is appropriately staffed and can meet the demands of the enterprise.
- Continually measure and seek feedback to ensure positive stakeholder experience for all the user-facing services in the infrastructure portfolio
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members on behaviors, processes and techniques required to successfully deliver value to the organization. Remove impediments, manage risks and resolve issues.
- Have a solid understanding of the projects and issues the teams is involved in and ensure communication of critical successes, issues and incidents to leadership.
- Drive cost productivity initiatives
- Contribute ideas to future state technology roadmap definitions and makes recommendations to ensure effective investments are made to enable scale, quality, and maintenance and overall cost effectiveness
- Maintain relationships across the organization to ensure alignment of goals and consistency of practices, processes and timelines.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency and Microsoft office
- Strong foundational knowledge on ITIL
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and influencing skills are required. Must have the ability to persuade and build consensus cross-functionally as an evangelist in a team oriented fashion.
- Knowledge and experience with the user-facing aspects of technologies implemented within the infrastructure delivery organization.
- Solid understanding of components such as network, server, OS, database, middleware and client
- Knowledge in current technical architectures.
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to take appropriate risks, using available data.
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
- Anticipate downstream technical, organizational and user needs and steer deliver teams to appropriately factor in considerations.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Work effectively with management, technical leaders, architects, system administrators, and users to design and deliver successful solutions.
- Able to operate at varying levels of abstraction including business and product strategy, design, and implementation
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments levels
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
Preferred Job Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile practices and application development practices.
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate flexibility, anticipate customer needs and effectively communicate in a timely manner consistent with the business strategy.
- Advanced tactical planning and decision analysis skills.
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and external customers.
- Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and key drivers and measures fo success.
- Advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory.
- Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information.
- Presentation and public speaking abilities.
- Development and application of budgeting concepts, processes and procedures.
- Conceptualize new business architecture and infrastructure.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking.
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work environment with positive impact to employee engagement
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations.
- Resource management skills.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.