Intern - Value Based Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job:
Support value based care initiatives and activities; including relationship management with provider organizations, internal and
external communications, engagement with population health management metrics and goals, support quality initiatives to
improve patient care, and utilizing process improvement tools in order to meet organizational objectives.
1. Required Work Experience
* College-level coursework related to healthcare administration, public health, business, or other related technical
2. Required Education
* High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
* Two years attendance at an accredited school pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
* GPA of 3.0 or higher
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist Value Based Care program team to engage provider partners in improving population health
* Work with internal teams to assist with strategic roadmap development
* Research ways to measure and track Value Based Care initiatives and methodologies
* Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks
* Expand and develop knowledge through exposure to the roles within the value based care team
* Compile information and provide recommendations for improvement
* Prepare research in evaluating current and future population health management innovations
* Prepare analytics dashboards to track and glean insights from performance
* Perform all other duties as assigned
1. Required Job Skills
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (PPT, Excel, Access)
· Basic project management and time-management
· Strong organizational skill and attention to detail and quality
· Ability to lift 50 pounts
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Work effectively within a team environment
· Advanced oral and written communication skills
· Intermediate writing and presentation skills
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona