Intern- Value-Based Care II - Hybrid (AZ)
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the Job
Support value-based care initiatives and activities; including relationship management with provider organizations, internal and external communications, engagement with population health management metrics and goals, support quality initiatives to improve patient care, and utilizing process improvement tools in order to meet organizational objectives. This role will include responsibility for a long-term part-time project to improve the processes and operations for the value-based care department.
Required Work Experience
- Master’s level coursework related to healthcare administration, public health, business, or other related technical field
- Attendance at an accredited school pursuing a master’s degree in related field of study
- Bachelor’s Degree (healthcare, public health, business, or related technical field preferred)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Value Based Care program team to engage provider partners in improving population health
- Work with internal teams to assist with strategic roadmap development
- Research ways to measure and track Value Based Care initiatives and methodologies
- Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks
- Expand and develop knowledge through exposure to the roles within the value-based care team
- Compile information and provide recommendations for improvement
- Prepare research in evaluating current and future population health management innovations
- Prepare analytics dashboards to track and glean insights from performancePerform all other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (PPT, Excel, Access)
- Basic project management and time-management
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail and quality
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Required Professional Competencies
- Work effectively within a team environment
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.