Intern - Transformation Strategy
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Support the Transformation office, via supporting transformation strategy efforts; including conducting market analyses and general research to support population health across the State of Arizona.
1. Required Work Experience
· College-level coursework related to healthcare administration, public health, business, or other related field
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
· Two years attendance at an accredited school pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
· GPA of 3.0 or higher
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist Transformation team in strategic work needed focused on improving population health
· Work with internal teams to assist with strategic roadmap development
· Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks
· Expand and develop knowledge through exposure to the roles within the team
· Compile information and provide recommendations for improvement
· Prepare research in evaluating current and future population health management innovations
· Prepare analytics dashboards and/or presentations
· Perform all other duties as assigned
1. Required Job Skills
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (PPT, Excel, Access)
· Basic project management and time-management
· Strong organizational skill and attention to detail and quality
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Work effectively within a team environment
· Advanced oral and written communication skills
· Intermediate writing and presentation skills
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.