Intern - IT Information Security
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Expand and develop knowledge through exposure to the roles within the IT Information Security Team
- Understanding of advanced information security concepts, best practices and procedures
- Investigate, document, and report any actual or potential information security violations, incidents, breeches or inappropriate computer use.
- Evaluate security risk assessments of new systems and upgrades to determine impact to information security.
- Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks as needed by the assigned unit/department.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve basic information technology problems
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions
- Assist workforce members with security-related questions or problems
- Participate in small projects
- Assist in maintaining records and process documentation
- Utilize security administration documentation and processes.
- Provide information to customers, management and co-team members by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person
- Perform audits of random users’ system access
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trend
Assist/coordinate and perform tests for modified and new systems.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements