Intern - Health Service Technician
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
- This is an internship position typically held by a junior, senior, or graduate level college student interested in population health management and clinical operations within a managed care setting.
- Develop an understanding of population health management and the type of work performed within the clinical operation areas through exposure to healthcare value projects/initiatives.
Required Work Experience
- College-level coursework related to Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, Biostatistics, Healthcare Information Science, Informatics or other related field
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- 2 year attendance at an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, Biostatistics, Healthcare Information Science, Informatics or other related field
- GPA 3.0 or higher
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Expand and develop knowledge through exposure to projects and roles within the Clinical Benefit Management area
- Track and manage assigned projects/deliverables using Clinical Benefit Management tracking and communication tools
- Assist with the analysis of data and document findings from analysis
- Assist with the creation of presentations, job aids and reports
- Review and support the development or update Clinical Benefit Management Program documents
- Support Clinical Benefit Management projects and initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Basic skill in use of office equipment including copier, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Possess verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
- Basic investigative and analytical research knowledge; able to generate reports based on available data and make decision/recommendations based on reported data
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints
- Follow and accept instructions and direction in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to understand problems and approach solutions using mathematical modeling, creativity, and innovation
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.