Intern- Finance (Remote AZ)
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed within the State of Arizona.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This is an internship position typically held by an active college student pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance,
Business or other related field of study. The incumbent will assist with maintenance of accounting records. The position may also correspond with internal and external customers via telephone, in writing and/or in person.
Required Work Experience
- College-level coursework related to Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field.
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- Two years attendance at accredited school pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or other related field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare organized workpapers & documentation
- Reconcile and balance basic accounts
- Prepare/review basic financial data and reports
- Review data for completeness and accuracy
- Ensure internal controls are maintained for all processes
- Verify, code and post details of business transactions and enter data into spreadsheets or systems
- Sort, research and compile documents substantiating business activities/transactions
- Research and compile documents and maintain records of financial transactions for support and reconciliations
- Prepare supporting memos of accounting transactions with details and guidance
- Research and respond to customer inquiries and issues
- Safeguard company assets and protect health information
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic skills in the use of laptops, databases, Microsoft Word & PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.