Intern- Cost of Quality Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Assist VP Cost of Quality Care to develop, organize, and track affordability and value creation initiatives
- Work with informatics, actuarial, and finance to create reporting and analytical insights related to unit cost and utilization
- Research ways to measure and track Value Based Reimbursement initiatives and methodologies
- Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks
- Expand and develop knowledge through exposure to the roles within the finance team
- Compile information and provide recommendations for improvement
- Prepare research in evaluating current and future healthcare cost of care innovations
- Prepare analytics dashboards to track and glean insights from performance
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements