Intern - Business Solutions Analyst
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· Provide business analysis and project coordination support to the Health Services business unit.
· Research, analyze and test health management systems
1. Required Work Experience
· 1 year of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (Level 1)
· 3 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (Level 2)
· 2 years of experience working in healthcare-related systems as a business analyst, developer, project
coordinator (Levels 2 and 3)
· 1-2 years of experience coordinating project teams (Level 3)
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 2 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (Level 1)
· 3 - 5 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (Level 2)
· 5 years of experience working in healthcare-related systems as a business analyst or developer (Level 3 )
2. Preferred Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field (All Levels)
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEVEL 1 - Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review Project Coordination · Participate in and/or lead process improvement projects with low complexity · Apply project management methodology principles and demonstrate solid time management skills. Analysis · Learn business processes and data flows and how they affect VITAL, surrounding systems and operational areas · Develop business case and elicit business requirements · Create and/or update business process flow diagrams · Research and analyze procedural problems and provide recommendations for improvements and changes. · Assist with root cause analysis and triage of key/critical defects for quick turn-around. Testing /System Validation · Write test scripts, perform testing and post-production validation · Participate in defect review meetings to explain and/or demonstrate defects Operational Implementation · Assist with modification of internal procedures or the creation of new procedures including workflows, manuals and training · Assist in planning roll out of new workflow functionality to health services · Develop training materials for staff for enhanced or new system workflows · Assist with training and supporting staff as required Production Support · Research, analyze and track production problems to assist with resolution in a timely and efficient manner. LEVEL 2 - Performs job functions with general supervision · Participate in and/or lead process improvement projects with moderate complexity · Analyze impact of system design across Health Services operational units and raise visibility to affected areas. · Identify business requirements, make recommendations and assist project team with selecting appropriate solutions to business problems LEVEL 3 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision · Participate in and/or lead large process improvement projects with high complexity · Advanced knowledge of BCBSAZ data sources and tools including Microsoft Applications.
ALL LEVELS · Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower level · Maintain current knowledge of new developments in technology-related industries · Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs · Collaborate with stakeholders, business, subject matter experts and development teams · The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. · Perform all other duties as assigned
1. Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
· Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
· Intermediate PC proficiency
· Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database,visio and word processing software
2. Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
· Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
· Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints
· Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
· Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse groups,
executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Systems research and analysis.
· Ability to write test and execute test plans
· Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
1. Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
· Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
· Advanced PC proficiency
· Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database, visio, and word processing software
· Knowledge of systems development, database systems, and data management.
2. Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
· Advanced systems research and analysis expertise
· Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
· Knowledge of internal departments and operations
· Strong technical documentation skills and a strong ability to translate technical concepts so that they are easily
understood by laymen.
· Project coordination skills
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to Level 3)
· Mentoring skills
· Ability to communicate training materials and provide constructive feedback.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.