Individual Billing Support Analyst (Remote-AZ)
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote within the state of AZ only. This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· This position is responsible for the coordination of invoice billing and reconciliation efforts, including the monitoring, reporting and premium collection on delinquent and terminating individual members. Assist with the gathering and
documentation of business requirements, provide research and analysis related to project deliverables or production (break/fix) issues, assist with user acceptance testing (UAT), and act as a liaison between business customers,
external customers, project teams and IT.
1. Required Work Experience
· 5 years of experience in billing or premium payment systems or systems interfacing with Finance field.
· 3 years of experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the organization.
· 2 years of experience in billing as an analyst or technician with experience in system configuration, reporting and integrations.
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 7 years of experience in billing or premium payment systems or systems interfacing with Finance field.
· 5 years of experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the organization.
· 3 years of experience in billing as an analyst or technician with experience in system configuration, reporting and integrations.
2. Preferred Education
· Bachelor's Degree in accounting or business field of study
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide subject matter expert (SME) advice related to billing systems and issue research.???
? · Write test scripts, perform testing and post-production validation.
· Conduct research and analysis for issue resolution relating to billing including reporting and process efficiencies. Track all items through to resolution.
· Develop moderate complex (e.g. multiple departments/systems) business requirements on large projects and flow specifications with limited management direction.
· Utilize problem-solving skills to improve procedures and processes, resolve billing and system deficiencies and implement enhancements.
· Troubleshoot and reconcile bills to source data.
· Actively participate in multilevel stakeholder meetings related to future commercial billing enhancements and changes.
· Monitor unreconciled cash and revenue reports.
· Respond to a high volume of phone calls, e-mails, and correspondence related to billing inquires, delinquency, and termination status.
· Run basic queries and ad-hoc reporting related to individual bill reconciliation. · Research variances on member accounts and work with various teams to resolve.
· Manage team inventory of daily workflow items in source system.
· Prepare monthly payment status reporting on high profile accounts for management. ??
?? · Assist in developing business requirements on large projects and flow specifications with limited management direction.?
??? · The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
· Decision analysis skills (ability to separate a complex whole into component parts).
· Strong planning and project management skills.
· Advanced written and verbal communications.
· Advanced PC proficiency.
· Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
· Knowledge of hardware, software, telecommunications, operating systems, and applications.
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Prioritize, organize and self-manage in a high volume environment
· Communicate professionally to both internal and external customers.
· Act with diplomacy and sensitivity with our group customers and internal departments.
· Interpret and translate policies, procedures programs and guidelines to customers.
· Analyze and research data, propose solutions to resolve issues.
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy
· Establish, contribute and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of and experience with the development of business requirements, user acceptance testing and their supporting toolsets.
· Familiar with HIPAA compliance validation tools.
· Familiar with financial processes.
· Formal technical analyst training.
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.