Human Resources Staffing Specialist
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
*For Internal Use Only: Grade 27-29
Under limited direction, interviews and evaluates applicants for authorized vacancies within the organization, coordinates temporary help orders for the corporation, gathers data and prepares reports.
* Recruit, interview, evaluate and refer internal and external applicants for a variety of positions; administer skills tests when necessary; conduct reference checks and background investigations; make salary commitments in accordance with compensation guidelines.
* Determine advertisements and proper communication vehicle for placing ads; determine source of applicants. Maintain liaison with potential referral sources.
* Serve as point-of-contact, both internally and externally, for vendor management, onboarding and coordination of corporation’s contingent staff.
* Maintain liaison with external agencies as a representative of an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Participate in career fairs and other community efforts. Advise students and educators of the employment opportunities available with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Arizona.
* Partner with employees and management to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations related to staffing and recruiting.
* Recommend solutions to resolve problems or issues using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
* Assist with various HR reports, including Affirmative Action, EEO-1, and other staffing reports annually, maintaining other records, reports and logs to conform to regulations.
* Work with HR Service Specialists to ensure employees are appropriately onboarded.
* Performs job functions in a lead capacity with general management oversight and holds lead responsibilities.
* Lead identification, design and implementation of improvements for the efficient and effective performance of the department as it relates to the talent acquisition, candidate and management experience, recruitment tools and technology.
* Assist Manager in the day-to-day operations of the staffing team and talent acquisition strategy.
* Create, Define, and establish recruitment standards and metrics.
* Develop staff, including the development and maintenance of training materials for new and existing staff, establishing performance goals and standards, and regular follow-up with staff.
* Act as subject matter expert for hiring practices, policies, systems, and processes.
* Represent HR internally and externally for recruitment-related processes and relationships, including management team members, community, and vendors.
* The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
* Perform all other duties as assigned
1. Required Work Experience
· 5 years of experience in human resources, with an emphasis on high-volume, professional recruiting.
2. Required Education
* Associate’s Degree in business or related field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 7 years of experience in business / human resources / recruiting
2. Preferred Education
· Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Business or related field
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
* PHR / SPHR -Professional / Senior Professional in Human Resources
1. Required Job Skills
· Strong knowledge of employment practices and procedures and a general knowledge of overall business
· Intermediate PC proficiency
· Basic proficiency in database, presentation, and word processing software
· Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet software
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
· Manage multiple priorities
· Written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
* Maintain confidentiality and privacy
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
* Customer relationship skills
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Intermediate PC proficiency
* Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, HRIS, and word processing software
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona