Human Resources Service Technician-current HR experience
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Specialized HR customer service position with an emphasis on excellence, privacy, compliance and versatility. The position will identify, research, process, resolve and respond to customer inquiries and correspondence regarding benefits, payroll, or other HR functions.
Required Work Experience
- 2 years of experience in customer service-Human Resources
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in human resources
- 1 year of experience in payroll, finance, or accounting
- Associate's Degree in general field of study
- Notary: National Notary Association Certified
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, research, process, resolve and respond to customer inquiries and correspondence via telephone, written communication and/or in person.
- Process personnel tasks assigned in HRIS for status changes and personnel record keeping.
- Serve as the primary contact for employee benefit and payroll questions for assigned employee group(s).
- Ensure benefit options and payroll deductions are processed accurately and timely
- Review employee personal data entry for accuracy. Coordinate with payroll for electronic data entry. Recognize and research computer system discrepancies affecting employees.
- Determine and maintain eligibility for employee benefits in accordance with policy, procedures and contract provisions; updates HRIS system to reflect the start, stop or change of benefits; responds to employee questions concerning benefits; accepts routine written or verbal inquiries and takes responsibility for resolution of complaints.
- Perform accurate, timely maintenance involving salary activity, title changes, organizational changes, new-hire setup, and all other personnel activity.
- Ensure all new hire paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Support escalated resolution requiring cross-department research and coordination.
- Complete reconciliation for benefit vendor invoicing and billing.
- Provide support for special projects.
- Provide HR support for all BCBSAZ executives (director and above).
- Provide HR support for all HR employees.
- Process system files and reconcile transactions to ensure accuracy
- Provide training and mentor levels one and two.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Compose and dictate a variety of business correspondence
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs and guidelines
- Capable of investigative and analytical research
- Navigate, gather, input and maintain data records in multiple system applications
- Follow and accept instruction and direction
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Type >35 words per minute with 5% error rate or less
- Intermediate knowledge of HRIS systems
- Intermediate knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Knowledge of a wide range of subjects pertaining to the organization's service and operations
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3295