Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Responsible for the professional consultative services for employer group wellness including communication and integration of health management programming and community wellness consistent with the department standards.
- Manage assigned clients with emphasis on account relationships and promotion of population health employer level strategic health promotion programs.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to develop strategy and tactics for account acquisition and renewal related to population health. Develop specific full-year metric driven health promotion plan for each key account based on client culture, benefits, and available health related data with annual program evaluation.
- Provide consultative population health services for employer groups with coordination of population health activities with employer group wellness team, brokers, vendors, and outside organizations. Consultative services to be based on current literature and research, in alignment with BCBSAZ corporate strategy.
- Identify, research, process, resolve, and respond to customer and vendor issues via telephone, written communication and/or in person.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships to ensure a high level of client satisfaction including proactive outreach.
- Provide population health reporting to employer groups for health management program operations. Ensure benchmark data, best and finals and other presentation materials are accurate, complete and aligned with the strategic needs of the client and BCBSAZ. Operationalize group contracts to ensure terms are met as defined in alignment with department standards and goals including a focus on providing standardized and streamlined administrative solutions
- Provide support for community events.
- Act as media and public relations resource for corporate wellness strategy and health management program outreach. Meet quality and timeliness standards to achieve individual and departmental performance goals as defined within the department guidelines.
- Explain to customers (groups, members, brokers, and providers) and vendors a variety of information concerning the organization’s services, including but not limited to BCBSAZ programs and services.
- Consult and coordinate with various internal departments, groups, brokers, providers, vendors, businesses and government agencies to obtain information to meet departmental projects and goals.
- Document and record facts in regards to inquiries, correspondences, and projects by updating files and systems.
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Participate in ongoing continuing education and current developments in the fields of health and wellness and managed care. .
- Maintain all standards in consideration of State, Federal, BCBSAZ, and other accreditation requirements.
- Comply with all state and federal regulations for activities performed.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.