Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the job
- Leads or participates in corporate projects as they relate to the HR division. Acts as a point of reference for complex HR system, processing issues, working with multiple resources to resolve. Workday experience is preferred, but not required. On behalf of internal and external customers, gathers and documents business requirements, provides research and analysis related to project/production issues, conducts user acceptance testing (UAT), and acts as a liaison between business customers, external customers, project teams, IT, and outside vendors. Communicates with all levels within the division. Supports assigned financial area on day-to-day reporting and system issues.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and review business requirements, flow specifications or change requests
- Write test scripts, perform testing and post-production validation
- Conduct research and analysis for issue resolution relating to financial applications including reporting and process efficiencies. Track all items through to resolution.
- Perform security/system administration duties as required for financial applications.
- Provide first or second level support for internal/external customers
- Utilize problem-solving skills to improve procedures and processes, resolve system deficiencies and implement enhancements
- Act as a liaison between external/internal customers and IT; communicate system and process changes to business areas
- Develop moderate complex (e.g. multiple departments/systems) business requirements on large projects and flow specifications with limited management direction.
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) advice related to HR systems in the prioritization of workload or issue research.
- Facilitate and/or create new operational procedures and processes resulting from advancing technologies or capabilities.
- Lead small to medium size projects; act as UAT Coordinator including test strategy and plan development
- Interpret design specifications for comparison against defined business needs to ensure compatibility, consistency and completeness
- Resolve differences between customers and other team members in order to achieve organizational and project goals
- Utilize existing reporting tools to develop and execute data queries for ad hoc requests; understand data source structures
- Support multiple segments of business
- Mentor Level 1 Analysts
- Develop complex (e.g. multiple departments/systems) business requirements on large projects and flow specifications with little to no management direction.
- Decompose high-level project information and evaluates project components to forecast work effort required
- Act as lead business analyst for large or complex projects with minimal guidance from manager
- Interpret business and technical design specifications and resolve conflicts that arise when compared against the defined needs of the business.
- Fully support all business segments
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve processes and procedures in support of customer satisfaction and corporate goals
- Mentor Level 1 and 2 Analysts
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Participate in on-call rotation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Within BCBSAZ and HCA, it is essential that we create a culture of inclusion and opportunity as well as actively guard against bias of any kind. Discrimination and racism are real. Our aim is to empower every member of our team to engage in our mission of improving health for Arizonans. We believe that the power and perspective of diversity and inclusion is in fact, essential to our success in serving clients, achieving our mission and creating a healthy environment for all.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.