Financial Systems Administrator
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to financial systems. Respond to queries either in person or over the phone. Respond to email messages for customers seeking help. Manage security requests for Financial Systems including provisioning, communication and auditing.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Perform security/system administration duties as required for financial applications.
• Provide first level support for internal/external customers
• Utilize problem-solving skills to improve procedures and processes, resolve system deficiencies and implement enhancements
• Act as a liaison between external/internal customers and IT; communicate system and process changes to business areas
• Proactively seeks opportunities to improve processes and procedures in support of customer satisfaction and corporate goals
• Pull weekly reports for Finance Support.
• Provide support in managing ServingBlue tickets across Finance Support Agile teams.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
1. Required Work Experience
• 1 year of experience in systems interfacing with Finance field.
• 1 year of experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business
• 1 year of experience in finance or related field.
• 1 year of Customer Service experience.
2. Required Education (All Levels)
• High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
• 2 year of experience in systems interfacing with Finance field.
• 2 year of experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business
• 2 year of experience in finance or related field.
• 2 year of Customer Service experience.
2. Preferred Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, computer technology, mathematics or related field
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
1. Required Job Skills
• Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions based on customer input and research
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong time management skills
• Basic skills with core MS products: Word, Excel, IE, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint
• Basic skills with query tools
• Basic system administration skillls.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group
2. Required Professional Competencies
• Prioritize tasks and work mulitple priorities, sometimes under strict time constraints
• Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate creative problem solving techniques
• Anticipates downstream impacts and factors in those considerations appropriately
• Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks
3. Required Leadership and Personal Effectiveness Competencies
• Support priorities and direction of corporate leadership
• Ability to apply sound management decision making skills to perform effectively in the absence of management
• Effectively deal with conflict
• Ability to present concepts effectively to varying levels of staff (Applies to Levels 2 - 4)
1. Preferred Job Skills
• Familiar with HIPAA compliance validation tools.
• Familiar with financial processes
• Formal business or systems analyst training
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
• Driven to identify solutions to meet customer needs.
• Ability to work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal.
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)