Financial Analyst - Senior
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona
Purpose of the job
Analyze and evaluate data in one or more specialty areas including, but not limited to business operations/processes, budgets, and financial systems. Tasks may include, preparing financial reports, technical report writing, monitoring budget, maintaining records, analyzing data, and developing budget forecasts.
Required Work Experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in healthcare industry & finance field
- High School Diploma or GED in general field of study
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 7 years of experience in finance field
- Master’s Degree in business, or related field of study
- Performs analysis of data and application of applicable professional principles and standards.
- Applies knowledge of accounting functions or principles, general business practices, collection procedures, and/or applicable computer systems.
- Demonstrates ability to research, investigate, analyze, reconcile, and evaluate data.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external customers using both verbal and written communication skills to discuss financial processes or issues.
- Works with both external and internal auditors on financial requests
- Implements and maintains internal financial controls and measures
- Has knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
Expectations by Level
Asks questions/ability to analyze data and identify issues
Identifies issues and is able to resolve independently. Actively seeks process improvements
Identifies less obvious issues timely and lays out solid options to consider. Actively seeks process improvements
Ability to learn and apply learned concepts. Learn and use business application as required for job
Demonstrates good understanding of data and financial principles. Proficient in Excel to create effective and efficient reports
Can simplify complex processes and willing to re-engineer processes from scratch. Able to consider appropriate use of software/tools for each job
Observes work hours, manages PTO and notifies manager of schedule changes. Utilizes existing processes and methods for efficiency
Begins to separate and combine tasks into an efficient workflow. Finds ways to work smarter that produces the work in less time.
Identifies material factors in the analysis. Able to lead team on multiple projects/tasks effectively by communicating, planning and meeting goals set.
Analyzes own work and checks for correctness. Does not repeat errors
Contributes by peer reviewing co-workers work
Finds new ways to improve accuracy. .
Respectful of others, builds credibility and rapport by responding timely to inquiries and admitting to mistakes.
Does not become defensive when encountering resistance. Able to maintain composure under stress.
Able to confidently lead team(s) on projects and provide feedback and training
Sets and meets reasonable deadlines. Gives ample notice to management regarding delays or help needed
Able to plan projects and set priorities with some assistance from management
Leads projects independently with minimal assistance. Keeping management well informed
Is proactive with little to no dead time
Asks why we do things. Interested in expanding current knowledge and makes recommendations beyond specific assignments
Looks for new ways to improve. Researches beyond specific assignment. Makes suggestions and implements new ways to improve.
Communicates effectively with co-workers and other departments with little spelling and grammar errors
Able to effectively summarize/present assigned projects with overview and status
Able to summarize complex issues/projects. Provides meaningful answers to questions regarding work performed
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing
Required Professional Competencies
- Prioritize, organize and self-manage in a high volume environment
- Technical and Functional Expertise
- Understanding the Business
- Achieving Results
- Serving the Customer
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Required Leadership and Personal Effectiveness Competencies
- Communicate professionally to both internal and external customers.
- Act with diplomacy and sensitivity with our customers and internal departments.
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures programs and guidelines to customers.
- Analyze and research data, propose solutions to resolve issues.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Establish, contribute and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced PC proficiency
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Knowledge of a wide range of matters pertaining to the organization's operations
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.