Finance Technician I
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona
Purpose of the job
This position will update and maintain accounting records. The position will also correspond with customers via telephone, in writing and/or in person.
Required Work Experience
- 1 year of experience in business (Applies to Level 1)
- 2 years of experience in business (Applies to Level 2)
- 3 years of experience in business (Applies to Level 3)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study or completion of a comparable international secondary education (Applies to All Levels)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in business (Applies to Levels 1 & 2)
- 5 years of experience in business (Applies to Level 3)
- Postsecondary education in accounting, business or related field of study
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sort, research and compile documents substantiating business transactions
- Verify, code and post details of business transactions
- Enter information from documents into computer systems
- Maintain records of financial transactions
- Reconcile and balance basic accounts
- Prepare basic financial data and reports
- Review data for completeness and accuracy
- Research and respond to customer inquiries and issues
- Safeguard company assets and protect health information
- Reconcile and balance intermediate accounts
- Prepare intermediate financial data and reports
- Prepare basic journal entries
- Review work of others for completeness and accuracy
- Reconcile and balance complex accounts
- Prepare complex financial data and reports
- Prepare complex journal entries
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor / provide peer review to employees in those levels.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
Required Job Skills (unless otherwise noted these apply to all levels)
- 10 key by touch
- Data entry (8,000 keystrokes per hour)
- Basic skills in the use of PCs, databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- Basic skills in the use of office equipment including copiers, fax machines, scanners and telephones
- Ability to understand and use complex spreadsheets (Applies to Level 3)
Required Professional Competencies (unless otherwise noted these apply to all levels)
- Prioritize, organize and self-manage to meet deadlines in a high volume environment
- Communicate professionally with diplomacy and sensitivity to both internal and external customers
- Perform activities carefully with a detail-orientation to avoid making errors and to recognize errors made by others
- Analyze and research data, propose solutions to resolve issues
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Contribute to and maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Adapt easily to changes in processes or priorities
- Mentor other employees with job functions, responsibilities and competencies (Applies to Levels 2 & 3)
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting principles and double entry bookkeeping (Applies to Level 3)
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Intermediate skills in the use of PCs, databases, spreadsheets and word processing
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.