Finance Project Implementation Coordinator
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Leads or participates in corporate projects as they relate to the Finance division. Responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating Finance involvement in corporate and division projects. Provides Finance input on said projects including Finance business requirements from the business and system perspectives.
- Acts as a point of reference for complex financial system and processing issues, working with multiple resources to resolve.
- Acts as a liaison between business customers, external customers, project teams, IT, and outside vendors. Communicates with all levels within the division and the corporation.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 3 year(s) of experience in healthcare industry with a strong understanding of invoice billing ,claims payments as well as back end financial systems.
- 2 year(s) of experience in supervisory or project management role
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance, or Information Systems field of study
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 5 year(s) of experience in healthcare industry with a strong understanding of invoice billing, claims payments as well as back-end financial sytems primarily from the sytems side of the business.
- 5 year(s) of experience in managing and developing effective operational areas
- Project Management
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead efforts to utilize technology to develop and/or redesign processes, procedures and systems.
- Establish and meet short and long term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning
- Develop and monitor budgets related to system projects and improvements
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Assure service level agreements are established, monitored, and managed effectively particularly with external vendors.
- Provide recommendations in the development and design of new system logic to support legislative activity, customer requests, finance policy changes, corporate system changes, etc.
- Oversee the development of business requirements to support system and/or process change
- Coordinate the identification, prioritization, and resolution of issues with the various business areas and vendors
The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Basic skills with core MS products: Word, Excel, IE, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint
- Intermediate proficiency in database and project management
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles, methodologies, and implementation
Required Professional Competencies
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Systems research and analysis
- Ability to write and present business documentation
- Extensive experience and judgment necessary to plan and accomplish goals
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing
- Prioritize tasks and work multiple priorities, sometimes under strict time constraints
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate creative problem solving techniques
- Anticipates downstream impacts and factors in those considerations appropriately
Required Leadership and Personal Effectiveness Competencies
- Ability to apply sound management decision making skills to perform effectively in the absence of management
- Effectively deal with conflict
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced skills with core MS products: Word, Excel, IE, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency in database and project management
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs and effectively communicates in a timely manner consistent with the business strategy
- Advanced planning and decision analysis skills
- Develop methods and processes to disseminate complex information
- Plan and manage business strategy effectively and thoroughly
- Mentor less experienced staff
- Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and the key drivers and measures for success
- Advanced analytical and diagnostic skills
- Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information
- Advanced project management skills
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work environment
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations
- Resource management skills
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3304