Finance Product Owner - Oracle EPM Cloud- Remote
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This is a remote opportunity within and outside the State of Arizona.
Finance Product Owner - Oracle EPM Cloud
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBSAZ) is now hiring full-time, remote (within the state of Arizona) entry, mid, and senior-level Finance Product Owners to provide vision and direction to the Agile team using your skills in agile delivery combined with your knowledge about Oracle EPM, Financial Planning & Analysis and Accounting practices.
As an Oracle EPM Product Owner, every day you will join us in our mission to inspire health in Arizona by working with key business, IT, and vendor partners to develop and oversee strategic plans for product design, configuration, and the development of Oracle EPM solutions.
- Ensure work delivered aligns with the company goals.
- Owns and manages external customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Verify team understands the customers’ needs and how to deliver requirements.
- Perform collaborative acceptance testing to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Drive the iteration demo, engaging stakeholders and team members.
- Maintain Roadmap of future enhancements and team efforts
- Accountable for the product backlog and prioritization of user stories with team members.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and product needs.
- Recognized voice of the business to the team.
- Actively participates in Product Backlog grooming sessions, retrospectives, and project team’s release planning sessions.
- Offers guidance to the team during design, development, and testing phases and holds accountability for the overall solution.
- Creation and review of technical test cases against user stories acceptance criteria.
- Develop test plans, perform testing and post-production validation.
- Create and deliver presentations.
- Manage product budget.
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities.
- Interfaces with internal/external customers and can clearly communicate complex technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess product components to forecast work effort required.
- Assure that proper change management protocols are followed to maximize benefit and alleviate unnecessary disruption in the organization and our customers.
- Inform manager of any issues impacting the efficient and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers; Provide timely feedback to team member on performance.
- Assist manager in the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Lead, instruct, direct and check the work of other team members.
- Create business user stories.
- Track and monitor all team projects and production support items and maintain updated status in the system of record.
- Prioritize work as appropriate to ensure business needs are being met.
- Assist management in understanding scope and impact of proposed changes, defects and enhancements.
- Assist with facilitating escalations when needed.
- Develop a culture of trust, accountability, teamwork, high quality results and continuous improvement.
- Expected to have a solid understanding of the projects and issues the team(s) is involved in and ensure communication of critical successes, issues and incidents to leadership.
- Ensure the team is completing requisite documentation such as sprint summaries, release notes, scorecards, etc.
- Maintain relationships across the organization to ensure alignment of goals and consistency of practices, processes and timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience
- 1 Year Experience with business analysis or quality assurance
- Experience as a product manager working with development teams, writing user stories, and following process through user story acceptance
- Experience with vendor management and oversight
- Experience with managing product budget
- Experience as a product manager working with product teams, writing user stories, and following the process through user story acceptance
- Experience in product design and product strategy
- 1 year of leadership experience with proven ability to provide effective technical solutions to meet short and long-term business needs
- 2 years’ experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business
- 3 years’ experience in decomposing high-level initiative information and evaluating the components to forecast work effort required
- 3 years’ experience working with Agile / Scrum work environments as a product owner, writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Familiarity with Forecast and Budgeting processes and Financial Reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business, Finance or related field
- AGILE Certification
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, product management, and word processing software
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of and experience with the development of business requirements, user acceptance testing and their supporting toolsets.
Required Professional Competencies
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels - their team, a peer network of stakeholders, senior executives, technical resources as well as staff in other countries.
- Analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Use analytics, research, and usability testing to improve user experience and support business goals.
- Creative judgment and ability to think strategically. Conceptual and tactical planning skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business documentation.
- Extensive experience and judgment necessary to plan and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Impeccable product leadership skills
- Advanced systems research and analysis expertise
- Advanced knowledge and experience of user story development and user acceptance testing.
- Work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
- Strong technical documentation skills and a strong ability to translate technical concepts so that they are easily understood by laymen.
What to Expect
As you work to help us improve the quality of life for Arizonans, expect to thrive in an energetic, diverse environment, championed by an organization consistently named a Best Places to Work and Most Admired Company in Arizona.
This remote work opportunity requires Arizona residency and work to be performed within the State of Arizona.
Pay: $105,000.00 - $121,000.00 per year
Inspiring Health in Arizona Starts with You
Our benefits support work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best.
- Remote, in-office, and hybrid work options within the state of Arizona
- Eleven (11) paid holidays, including a floating holiday you can use any time you wish
- Accrued paid time off (up to 16 days per calendar year)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K up to 5% dollar-per-dollar match
- Up to 12% annual bonus based on corporate goals and individual performance
- Wellness programs and gym reimbursements
- Eight (8) paid volunteer hours to serve your community
- Tuition reimbursement for you; scholarship opportunities for your children
- Employee discounts, gym reimbursement, and wellness programs
Why Join Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona?
At BCBSAZ, your pursuit of balance, happiness, and fulfillment is supported through our Workability model, a future-focused workforce strategy that encourages you to perform your job wherever you work best. Whether fully remote, always in the office, or somewhere in between, you decide which arrangement best supports your work style and season of life.
As you do, you’ll be in good company.
Led by an award-winning executive team in offices throughout Phoenix, Flagstaff, and Tucson, more than 2,500 dedicated and diverse employees inspire health and make it easy in Arizona through advanced clinical programs and community outreach. With a focus on connecting Arizonans to the care they need, BCBSAZ offers health insurance and related services to more than 1.9 million customers.
BCBSAZ actively guards against bias and is committed to nurturing a culture of inclusion and opportunity for all. BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected group.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3458