Finance Product Owner - Oracle EPM Cloud (Remote AZ)
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed within the State of Arizona.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Oracle EPM (Hyperion) Product Owner will be responsible for providing vision and direction to the Agile team through the collection, evaluation, analysis, and prioritization of business needs. In this role, the Oracle EPM Product Owner will work with key business, IT and Vendor partners to develop and oversee strategic plans for product design, configuration and development of Oracle EPM solutions. Have a customer first mindset with an ability to balance needs across Finance and the organization. The ideal candidate will have technical and business knowledge to be able to guide the team along with the ability to organize the team’s work to satisfy customers.
Required Work Experience
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
1 year 3 years 5 years Experience in Oracle EPM application systems with regards to configuration and deployment
1 year 3 years 5 years Experience in Accounting, Finance, or Financial Systems
1 year 1 year 1 year Experience with business analysis or quality assurance
2 years 3 years Experience as a product owner working with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) teams, writing user stories, and following process through user story acceptance
5 years 5 years Experience in Oracle EPM product design and product strategy
1 year 2 years 5 years Experience in leading Request For Proposal (RFP) efforts for new solutions and implementers, including contract negotiations and SLA development
* High School Diploma
* Achievement of agile product owner certification within 12 months of placement
Preferred Work Experience
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
2 years 3 years 5 years Experience in Oracle EPM application systems with regards to development and deployment
5 years 5 years Experience as a product owner working with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) teams, writing user stories, and following the process through user story acceptance
5 years 7 years Experience in product design and product strategy
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Business, or related field
* Agile Product Owner Certification
* An Oracle EPM Certification
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEVEL 1 -
Performs job functions under general supervision or peer review
* Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished in alignment with product roadmap and funding parameters.
* Accountable for the product backlog and prioritization of user stories with team members.
* Develop a deep understanding of the customer and product needs.
* Recognized voice of the business to the team.
* Translate emerging customer needs and technologies into actionable business terms and associated plans.
* Actively participates in Product Backlog grooming sessions, retrospectives, and project team’s release planning sessions.
* Periodically re-prioritize the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority as communicated by the Product Manager.
* Ensures traceability between requirements to features to user stories
* Accessible for the team to answer questions, and during Sprint planning sessions, and Daily Scrum.
* Offers guidance to the team during design, development, and testing phases and holds accountability for the overall solution.
* Owns the continual acceptance criteria for business value story user stories
* Creation and review of test cases against user stories acceptance criteria.
* Develop test plans, perform testing and post-production validation.
* Create and deliver presentations.
LEVEL 2 -
Performs job functions with moderate supervision and peer review (in addition to level 1 activities)
* Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities.
* Interfaces with internal/external customers and can clearly communicate complex technical topics to a non-technical audience.
* Evaluate high-level project information and assess product components to forecast work effort required.
* Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
* Provide peer-level review and mentoring to level 1Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities
* Provide peer-level review and mentoring to level 1
LEVEL 3 -
Performs job functions with minimal supervision
* Supports manager in the oversight of business activities related to the planning, oversight, and management of the Oracle EPM applications.
* Assist management in project support and product resource planning.
* Provide input for other product owner performance reviews.
* Provide leadership and mentorship to other product owners in the areas of external research and benchmarking, business analysis, and implementation of electronic solutions to our customers.
* Assure that proper change management protocols are followed to maximize benefit and alleviate unnecessary disruption in the organization and our customers.
* Coach and help develop other product owners; Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
* Lead, develop and mentor staff by providing opportunities for growth through delegation, training, and assignment to various project teams.
* Inform manager of any issues impacting the efficient and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers; Provide timely feedback to team member on performance.
* Assist manager in the day-to-day operations of the department.
* Lead RFP efforts for new solutions and implementers, including contract negotiations and SLA development.
* Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in technology-related industries.
* Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs.
* The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
* Intermediate PC proficiency
* Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, product management, and word processing software
* Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of and experience with the development of business requirements, user acceptance testing and their supporting toolsets.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites, Windows Server, and networking applications
* Strong understanding of product management and agile best practices and quality improvement principles.
* Intermediate understanding of IT technologies
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
* The ability to communicate at all levels, the role will require the Product Owner to be able to communicate effectively with their team, a peer network of stakeholders, senior executives, technical resources as well as staff in other countries.
* Analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
* Use analytics, research, and usability testing to improve user experience and support business goals.
* Prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints. Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Creative judgment and ability to think strategically. Conceptual and tactical planning skills.
* Effective intersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
* Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business documentation.
* Extensive experience and judgment necessary to plan and accomplish goals.
* Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
* Analytical knowledge to generate reports based on available data and make decisions based on reported data
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
* Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation.
* Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment.
Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
* Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
* Advanced PC proficiency
* Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
* Impeccable product leadership skills
* Advanced systems research and analysis expertise
* Advanced knowledge and experience of user story development and user acceptance testing.
* Work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal
* Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
* knowledge of internal departments and operations
* Strong technical documentation skills and a strong ability to translate technical concepts so that they are easily understood by laymen.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to Level 2)
* Ability to provide mentoring to team members and peers
* Ability to build lesson plans and deliver to team members
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.