FEP Marketing Specialist-3yrs marketing exp with event mgmt
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Internal use only-grade 26-27
This position will create content and communication campaigns to be used to educate and promote the company’s FEP products and services to ABOs, providers, prospects, and members. They will collaborate with the Marketing, Field Service, legal, and FEPDO teams to ensure consistent voice and messaging in all communications and that all deliverables embody and are aligned with FEP’s brand and voice. This position serves as a strategic communications resource, from the assessment of opportunities and engagements, to the execution of promotional collateral, HEDIS communications, educational content, talking points, and other written materials. Additionally, this position will be responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring internal- and external-facing corporate sponsorships, member events, conferences and meetings in support of FEP marketing strategies, objectives and goals.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of marketing, communications, advertising or related field experience
- 1 year of event management experience
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 3 years of managing events / projects from concept to implementation
- 2 years of email / digital marketing experience
- 2 years of writing / editing content for consumers
- Experience working within the health industry
- Experience comprehending Marketing / Legal / OPM Guidelines
- Experience managing marketing projects from inception to implementation
- Experience working with CRM / digital communication tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field of study.
- Active, current and unrestricted State of Arizona license to sell health insurance (all levels)
- Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP) or Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works under the general supervision and high-level direction of a marketing manager with considerable project-specific autonomy at times.
- Acquires knowledge of the FEP line-of-business business (products, challenges, goals) in order to consult and construct marketing strategies.
- Oversees creation of all content and communication campaigns to be used to educate and promote FEP products or wellness / QCR initiatives to members, ABOs, providers, and prospects.
- Serve as primary POC for FEP with Creative Services and collaborate with legal, Field Service, HEDIS, Ops, and the DO teams to ensure consistent voice and messaging in all communications and that all deliverables embody and are aligned with the company’s brand and voice, while remaining compliant.
- Working under management direction, translate business needs and goals to develop compelling creative briefs for Creative Services for key projects
- Review member research and other FEPDO data to gain insight into our members
- Serves as a strategic communications resource, from the assessment of opportunities and engagements, to the execution of promotional collateral, HEDIS communications, educational content, talking points, and other written materials.
- Overseas input and execution of email marketing automation through Marketo or other automation tool.
- Deliver assets that have been fact checked, reviewed by DO for marketing guidelines, legal, upper management and medical director as needed, and proofed for accuracy and error free, and on-time.
- Works as primary liaison for FEP with outside vendors for creative development, print, fulfillment, shipping, or other similar needs.
- Work closely under supervision of FEP Field Service Manager to develop project timelines, and schedule follow-up team meetings with stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine their goals, objectives and budget to develop both strategic and tactical plans for management approval.
- Implements, manages, and monitors internal- and external-facing corporate sponsorships, events, conferences and meetings in support of FEP marketing strategies, objectives and goals.
- Supports FS with finding, scheduling, and planning year-round activities including health fairs, meetings, presentations, conferences, conventions, sponsorships, or other FEHBP / FEDVIP branding or sales opportunities at federal agencies or military installations.
- Provides recommendations (and test new ideas) for improving FEP HEDIS measures, and for increasing FEP / FEDVIP membership and retention rates.
- Completes post-evaluation tasks including reconciliation of expenses and recap of the projects.
- Contributes to development and execution of the overall marketing yearly plan.
- Serve as back-up to FS staff as-needed to represent the health plan at external events, health fairs, new member orientations and other plan educational events
- Work a full-time schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while coordinating multiple projects within the assigned deadlines.
- Able to work some nights and weekends as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced writing skills, including knowledge of AP style
Required Professional Competencies
- Able to manage projects with management supervision
- Possess basic level presentation skills
- Able to use email marketing software
Approach problems with a "resolution" attitude
- Has strong organizational skills with attention to detail and quality
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, while coordinating multiple projects within the assigned deadlines
- Display excellent professional and interpersonal skills
- Have strong project management skills
- Employ advanced writing skills, including knowledge of AP style
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Support a positive professional work environment
- Work effectively in a team environment
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Translate daily work into overall team goals and objectives
- Able to identify, mitigate or resolve challenging situations with management involvement
- Able to make changes based on constructive coaching
- Work effectively with staff from all divisions
- Make decisions in a timely manner, sometime with incomplete information and under tight deadlines
- Manage projects from onset to completion
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure completion
- Understand each audience’s needs to maximize projects and campaigns
Preferred Job Skills
- Knowledge of health insurance benefits
- Knowledge of the health insurance industry
- Knowledge of marketing communication best practices (B2B and B2C)
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Has strong writing skills and business acumen
- Is informed about the healthcare industry
- Knows and applies appropriate communication and marketing strategies and tactics
- Has strong project management skills
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Able to contribute to the success of projects led by others
- Understand the audience’s business and pain points thoroughly to maximize projects or campaigns
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with management
- Able to provide recommendations to advance initiatives throughout the organization
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona