FEP Benefit Sales/Service Representative
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is responsible for initiating interventions to ensure sales and member retention goals are achieved. The program’s highest priority is to ensure member satisfaction with health plan services and to prevent disenrollment due to dissatisfaction. This position will resolve complex member issues under the direction of the Field Services Manager, ensuring members are made whole and fully satisfied with services.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in customer service at a health plan or in marketing, or sales
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- Active, current and unrestricted State of Arizona license to sell health insurance OR ability to get license within 6 months of hire
- Valid Arizona driver license with acceptable driving record
Preferred Work Experience
- Previous sales experience, specifically with cold calling
- Experience with establishing rapport with customers
- 5 years of experience in customer service at a health plan or in marketing, or sales
- AA/AS/BA/BS in Sales/Marketing
- Active, current and unrestricted State of Arizona license to sell health insurance
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reaches out to current members to welcome them to the program and ensure they are enrolled in the product that best meets their needs.
- Engages in direct selling to prospective customers for all products (health, dental and vision), performing standard sales activities including research, prospecting, cold calls, follow-up, overcoming rebuttals, aiding enrollment, etc.
- Provides detailed analysis that identifies and promotes the value of the existing plan, discusses options, provides alternative plan options when appropriate and makes recommendations.
- Attempts to upsell members and prospects our ancillary products (dental / vision) on all calls.
- Works with the consumer to provide a needs analysis, and to recommend and select the best products for the consumer based on their needs.
- Provides information to current and potential enrollees to highlight and explain benefit enhancements and/or changes.
- Reads and responds to department communications, actively participates in staff meetings and department activities that include process improvements or team building.
- Handle walk in customer concerns.
- Serves as back-up to represent health plan at external events, health fairs, new member orientations and other plan educational event
- During off-line time, participate in cross training and provide back-up support for other FEP operations functions as assigned
- Develops outbound phone strategy, tactics, and messaging (scripts) to generate new leads of FEHB eligible, and to utilize selling techniques to convert those leads to FEP members.
- Develops outbound phone strategy, tactics, and messaging (scripts) to reach existing members, in an effort to provide an excellent customer experience and increase member retention, and also to achieve secondary departmental goals such as increasing BHAs or
- Works with manager to develop marketing strategies to compete with other carriers. Remains informed of the various FEHB competitor products and participates / attend various training programs to enhance selling skills.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database software and PowerPoint
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare operations and industry.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively to a wide range of internal/external customers required.
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to deal with unpredictability all while achieving expected results
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Practice interpersonal and active listening and communications skills to achieve high customer satisfaction and departmental communication standards
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Compose and dictate a variety of business correspondence
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs and guidelines
- Capable of investigative and analytical research
- Navigate, gather, input and maintain data records in multiple system applications
- Identify market research needs to define new target customers and enhance and grow the business within existing targets
- Establish and maintain working relationship in a collaborative team environment
- Manage projects effectively
- Work with minimal supervision
- Understand the needs and requirements of customers and potential customers
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced PC proficiency
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of market dynamics and sales techniques
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.