Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Incumbents in this role perform various and multi-functional secretarial and administrative tasks for a department(s) or an executive with an emphasis on excellence, privacy, compliance and versatility. Provides general guidance and assistance to the customer via telephone, written communication and/or in person.
- Perform administrative duties including; scheduling and coordinating meetings, events and travel, arranging various services, preparing agendas, gathering and organizing information, record and summarize minutes and materials for distribution.
- Perform office operations including; filing, organizing, answering phones, maintaining calendars, and distribution of communications and materials.
- Compose diverse business correspondence, memos, letters, reports and materials.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries and requests for information regarding department or corporate policy and procedure.
- Research, gather and conduct preliminary analysis of data for department and corporate reporting.
- Maintain office supplies, equipment, purchases and budgets.
- Ensure confidentiality and control access to sensitive information.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.