EPM System Administrator
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
For Internal Use Only: GEN 27-34
Purpose of the Job:
- Provides enterprise-wide Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) application administration. Maintain and configure consistent setup, deployment, architecture, data, rules and access.
- Support, maintain and enhance current Oracle EPM Planning and Profit and Cost Management modules. Control and manage all updates, modifications, security, data uploads, and interfaces with Oracle Cloud updates and patches. Work cross functionally with Finance, and IT, for all end-user requests and the impact on the application. Coordinate with Finance, IT and end-users to provide a stable platform for monthly and other reporting cycles as required. Maintain all associated documentation.
- Leads or participates in corporate projects as they relate to the EPM application. Acts as a point of reference for complex system and processing issues, working with multiple resources to resolve. On behalf of internal customers, gathers and documents business requirements, provides research and analysis related to project/production issues, conducts user acceptance testing (UAT), and acts as a liaison between business customers, project teams, IT, and outside vendors. Communicates with all levels within the corporation. Supports corporate-wide users on day-to-day reporting and system issues.
- Write and review business requirements, flow specifications or change requests
- Write test scripts, perform testing and post-production validation
- Leas periodic stakeholder meetings with leadership. Lead ticket review sessions. Set priorities of tickets.
- Work with team, leadership and managed service provider (MSP) to accomplish goals, resolve issues, and set priorities. Design and deliver solutions to add value.
- Conduct research and analysis for issue resolution relating to financial applications including reporting and process efficiencies. Track all items through to resolution.
- Perform security/system administration and support duties as required for EPM application.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to improve procedures and processes, resolve system deficiencies and implement enhancements
- Act as a liaison between external/internal customers and IT; communicate system and process changes to business areas
- Ability to Install Excel add-ins such as SmartView or ADFDI, and have an understanding of what the system requirements are for the add-ins
- Knowledgeable in FRS and Smart View queries
- Facilitate communication with Oracle Technical Support or managed services vendor on any inquiries, bugs, or issues
- Facilitate communication with Oracle Technical Support on any inquiries, bugs, or issues
- Perform configuration changes and report writing on Oracle ERP cloud and Hyperion EDMCS/EPBCS/PCMCS applications
- Experience with data integration/interfacing from other enterprise systems (e.g., ERP Oracle, Workday, and/or data warehouses.
- Develop moderate complex (e.g. multiple departments/systems) business requirements on large projects and flow specifications with limited management direction.
- Provide support to external customers to onboard EDI processing and achieve HIPAA Transaction and Code Set compliance.
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) advice related to financial systems in the prioritization of workload or issue research.
- Facilitate and/or create new operational procedures and processes resulting from advancing technologies or capabilities.
- Lead small to medium size projects; act as UAT Coordinator including test strategy and plan development
- Interpret design specifications for comparison against defined business needs to ensure compatibility, consistency and completeness
- Resolve differences between customers and other team members in order to achieve organizational and project goals
- Utilize existing reporting tools to develop and execute data queries for ad hoc requests; understand data source structures
- Support multiple segments of business
- Facilitate and/or Perform Financial Application system patches when needed.
- Mentor Level 1 Analysts
- Develop complex (e.g. multiple departments/systems) business requirements on large projects and flow specifications with little to no management direction.
- Decompose high-level project information and evaluates project components to forecast work effort required
- Act as lead business analyst for large or complex projects with minimal guidance from manager
- Interpret business and technical design specifications and resolve conflicts that arise when compared against the defined needs of the business.
- Fully support all business segments
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve processes and procedures in support of customer satisfaction and corporate goals
- Automate system functionality within Oracle ERP Cloud, Hyperion EDMCS, EPBCS and PCMCS using web services
- Load data across multiple systems (EDMCS, EPBCS, PCMCS and ERP)
- Knowledgeable in OneCloud or similar product (Oracle Integration Cloud, EPM Automate)
- Knowledgeable in data management import builds and loading data
- Release management for deployments to production environments
- Development of forms, reports, EPM automate scripts, creating business rules, automation of taking application backups, migrating environments, OneCloud API development.
- Expert level in calculation scripts, Python and fix statements
- Manage PCM rules and rule sets
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance issues to optimize cube performance, particularly ASO
- Knowledgeable about BSO hybrid cubes
- Dimension configuration best practices
- Understand the ERP Cloud Closing process and how that integrates with EPBCS
- Ability to lead stakeholder meetings with Executive Leaders, daily stand ups and ticket review sessions
- Manage managed services provider to accomplish goals, resolve issues, prioritize workload.
- Ability to lead monthly update change review presentations and regression testing
- Mentor Level 1 and 2 Analysts
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Participate in on-call rotation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in finance, financial systems, or systems interfacing with Finance field or development experience in webservices and SQL (levels 2-3)
- 3 year of experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business (levels 2-3)
- 3 years of experience in finance or related field as an analyst with experience in system configuration, reporting, and integrations (level 1)
Required Education (All Levels)
- Associate’s Degree in accounting, business, computer technology, mathematics or related field
Preferred Work Experience (All Levels)
- 7 years of experience in finance, financial systems or webservices and SQL
- 5 years of experience on project teams with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside the business
- 1 year of experience in project management
- 1 year Oracle EPM Planning and/or Profitability and Cost Management support
Preferred Education (All Levels)
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, computer technology, mathematics or related field
- Oracle EPM Administration
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions based on customer input and research
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Basic skills with core MS products: Word, Excel, IE, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint
- Basic skills with query tools
- Strong understanding of file handling and data translation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Prioritize tasks and work mulitple priorities, sometimes under strict time constraints
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate creative problem solving techniques
- Anticipates downstream impacts and factors in those considerations appropriately
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks
Required Leadership and Personal Effectiveness Competencies
- Support priorities and direction of corporate leadership (Applies to All Levels)
- Ability to apply sound management decision making skills to perform effectively in the absence of management
- Effectively deal with conflict (Applies to All Levels)
- Ability to present concepts effectively to varying levels of staff (Applies to Levels 2 - 4)
Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of and experience with the development of business requirements, user acceptance testing and their supporting toolsets.
- Familiar with HIPAA compliance validation tools.
- Familiar with financial processes
- Formal business analyst training
Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Driven to identify solutions to meet customer needs.
- Ability to work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona