Enterprise Production Support Analyst II
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
This role provides internal customer support to various business teams for multiple internal and external facing applications.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Level 1 – Entry-level role; Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Track and resolve basic or routine processing problems, coordinating with all areas
- Responsible for production cycles, solving abends and notification of problems.
- Identify problems and make recommendations for improved procedures
- Write basic SQL queries needed for production support.
- Perform test execution and defect reporting utilizing testing tools.
- Assist with root cause analysis and triage of key/critical defects for quick turn-around.
- Participate in defect review meetings to explain and/or demonstrate defects.
- Learn business area’s direct flow; and how it affects surrounding systems and operational areas.
- Write or modify procedures for internal use, user operational areas and system use
- Implement and maintain disaster-recovery procedures.
Level 2 - Performs job functions with general supervision and peer review
- Research, analyze, track and resolve more complex production problems
- Build, support, and maintain basic to intermediate processes, programs, and data
- Draft programs, time estimates and project schedules based on prioritization and business requirements
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Stay current on new developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Participate in on-call rotation
Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
- Required Work Experience
- 1 year of experience with support of production systems and/or business requirement design and interpretation (Lev 1)
- 3 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (Levels 2 – 5)
- 2 years of experience in data management and reporting (Levels 2 – 5)
- Required Education
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
- Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in computer technology and/or information systems (All Levels)
- 7 years of experience in data management and reporting (All Levels)
- 5 years of experience working in healthcare-related systems as a business analyst or programmer (All Levels)
- Preferred Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field (All Levels)
- Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, flow charting, and word processing software
- Basic knowledge of data mapping techniques
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems
- Basic knowledge of programming, database systems, and data management
- Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perserverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business documentation
- Experience working with and managing third parties
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
- Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels within the Corporation. (Applies to Levs 2 - 5)
Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment. (Applies to Levels 4 - 5)
- Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database, flow charting, and word processing software
- Advanced knowledge of data mapping techniques
- Advanced knowledge of computer operating systems
- Strong knowledge of programming, database systems, and data management.
- Advanced knowledge of decision support systems
- Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced systems research and analysis expertise
- Impeccable project management skills
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
- knowledge of internal departments and operations