Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Designs, tests, implements, and maintains Managed File Transfer (MFT) connections between BCBSAZ partners and internal business systems.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Designs, tests, implements, and maintains Managed File Transfer (MFT) connections between BCBSAZ partners and internal business systems.
- Required Work Experience
- 1 year of experience in MFT, business analysis, and / or databases (Applies to Level 1)
- 2 years of experience in MFT, business analysis, and / or databases (Applies to Level 2)
- 3 years of experience in MFT, business analysis, and / or databases (Applies to Level 3)
- 4 years of experience in MFT, business analysis, and / or databases (Applies to Level 4)
- 1 year of supervisory experience (Applies to Level 4)
- Required Education
- Required Licenses
- Required Certifications
- Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in working with healthcare systems in EMFT, business analysis, and / or database administration (Applies to All Levels)
- 2 years of experience managing projects (Applies to All Levels)
- Preferred Education
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (Applies to Level 1)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (Applies to Levels 2 - 4)
- Preferred Licenses
- Preferred Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (Applies to All Levels)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With assistance from EMFT Analyst III or Lead, maintain and develop basic-level MFT connections.
- Participate in the development, review, and creation of documentation used to support associated systems.
- Create logic, system, and routing flows.
- Write and execute unit test plans. Track and resolve any routing issues.
- Participate in small to medium projects.
- Research, respond to, and finalize questions or requests for research received from internal customers.
- Participate in the review of code and/or systems for proper design standards, content and functionality.
- Assist with development and delivery of presentations to staff and management
- Meet timeliness and accuracy goals.
- With assistance from EMFT Analyst III or Lead, maintain and develop moderately complex systems and programs
- Participate or lead medium to large projects.
- Track and resolve routing problems, coordinating with all appropriate areas
- Analyze files and map data from one system to another
- Assist Users/Analysts with the development of system interface specifications
- Develop, write and implement routing requirements and post implementation review
- Develop time and cost estimates and system modification schedules.
- Create and deliver presentations to staff and management.
- Independently maintain and develop complex systems and transfers.
- In cooperation with Lead EMFT Analyst, mentor and review work for levels 1 and 2.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of new developments in MFT and healthcare-related topics.
- Plan, lead, and implement large-scale or cross-functional projects using sound project management methodology.
- Work with Management to prepare Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for EMFT systems
- Assist in implementing new procedures, including workflows, manuals, and training materials.
- Coordinate and develop training materials for EMFT Analysts.
- Participate in the project prioritization process.
- Train new staff in the use, understanding, and configuration of the files, terms, and methods used in MFT.
- Review production and operating policies to ensure that the most efficient processes are in place and determine tactical plans to improve processes and services that can be streamlined and/or improved.
- Define and implement quality assurance procedures for all assigned activities. Implement quality assurance measures to check adherence to assure continuity, including across lines-of-business when appropriate.
- Assume leadership role in initiating and completing projects related to increased efficiencies, productivity, and quality.
- With management, establish and meet short- and long-term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
- Develop staff, including the development and maintenance of training materials for new and existing staff, establishing performance goals, regular follow up with staff and year-end performance evaluations.
- Ensure service level agreements are established, monitored and managed effectively. Implement action plans to resolve any issues preventing the area from meeting goals.
- Review and consult on the design and content of projects to ensure consistency.
- Assure the proper change management protocols are followed to maximize benefit and alleviate unnecessary disruption to the organization and customers.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.