Enrollment Services Representative (Remote/Hybrid AZ)
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
Highly specialized enrollment customer service position for Commercial brokers/GBAs with an emphasis on increasing customer satisfaction. This position will identify, research, resolve and respond to broker/GBAs and customer inquiries via phone and/or written or verbal communication.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 1 year of experience in insurance or customer service field
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 2 year(s) of experience in enrollment and billing or customer service field
Essential Job Functions And Responsibilities
- Handle large volume of incoming telephone calls and emails from brokers and provide timely and accurate responses.
- Provide answers, information, and identify and analyze problems related to all Commercial brokers/GBAs and customers.
- Answer questions regarding premium statements
- Take payments from brokers/GBAs
- Walk broker/GBAs through portals
- Respond to written correspondence from brokers/GBAs
- Pull and send requested documentation for brokers/GBAs
- Explain to customers a variety of information concerning the organization’s services, including, but not limited to rates, benefits, changes in coverage, eligibility, BCBSAZ programs etc.
- Meet quality, quantity and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines.
- Document and record facts in regard to inquiries and correspondence by updating BCBSAZ files and system
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Provide backup support for other Enrollment Service Representatives, including application processing
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Ability to use office equipment including copier, fax machine and telephone.
- Intermediate PC proficiency.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of Commercial health coverage (Applies to All Levels)
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Capable of investigative and analytical research and issue resolution.
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment with both Broker Service Department as well as other internal department representatives.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with brokers, customers and interdepartmental representatives. (Applies to All Levels)
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment (Applies to All Levels)
- Ability to multi-task and work in multiple systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
Preferred Job Skills
- Intermediate PC and office equipment skills
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Perform tasks of a complex nature and sensitively handle controversial issues.
- Exercise independent judgment and display initiative in dealing with brokers and internal staff.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.