Enrollment Record Specialist
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Enrollment Records Specialist
Purpose of the Job
This Position is responsible for the on-line establishment and maintenance of group account records to include demographic information, rates, benefits and broker commissions.
Required Work Experience
- 1 year(s) of experience in data entry or marketing field (applies to all levels)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (Applies to all levels)
Preferred Work Experience
- 1 year(s) of experience in bookkeeping field (Applies to All levels)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and on-line coding of enrollment transactions
- Data entry of rate and benefit information
- Meet quality and timeliness standards established by the BCBS Association and internal guidelines
- Update reporting systems utilized in measuring productivity and timeliness.
- Communicate with other Enrollment units relative to the status of group set up and maintenance.
- Determine if the specifications cited in group paperwork meet the needs of the group and conform to system requirements
- Coordinate new group implementation and conversations with Marketing, Sales, Claims, CSA, Underwriting, Benefit Programming and other Enrollment units.
- All Level 1 job functions related to larger, more complex groups.
- Acts as back up of Diversified Services Technician and Department Lead.
- Verifies initial billing accuracy for new and renewal groups
- Identifies errors and maintains quality control of abstract information.
- All Level 1 and level 2 job functions related to larger, more complex groups.
- Release general ledger transactions and system holds for Level 1, 2 and 3.
- Provide on-the-job training, coaching and guidance to staff as directed by supervisor.
- Coordinate updates to system tables related to group set up and benefit items.
- Assist supervisor in identification of non-routine problems or discrepancies.
- Compile workload statistics for management and staff.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skills in use of office equipment including copier, scanner, fax machine and telephone (All Levels)
- Intermediate PC proficiency (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate skill in data entry (Applies to All Levels)
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy (Applies to all levels)
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment (All Levels)
Preferred Job Skills
- Type >35 words per minute with 5% error rate of less (All levels)
- Intermediate skill with spreadsheet software (Applies to all levels)
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Knowledge of wide range of subjects pertaining to organization’s service and operations (All levels)
Comply with BCBSAZ corporate and departmental policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Code Blue, Compliance, HIPAA, Computer Responsibility, Accreditation Standards, Attendance, Staff Qualifications and Quality Management Accountabilities.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona