Enrollment Business Analyst
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This is a remote opportunity. Candidates must reside is the state of Arizona.
- Collaborate with the business leaders to analyze workflow, develop, and implement process improvements for all Enrollment Services Division areas. Leads corporate projects as they relate to the Enrollment Services Division. Acts as a point of reference for complex enrollment system and processing issues, working with multiple resources to resolve. Communicates with all levels within the division on projects, issues and education of project implementation. Supports assigned enrollment unit on day-to-day reporting and system issues.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in operations with knowledge of enrollment systems (All Levels)
- 3 years of experience in a professional business environment (including internships) (All Levels)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (All Levels)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 2 years of experience in Analysis (Business, IT, Systems, Documentation, Quality, or Reporting) (All Levels)
- 2 years of experience contributing to Corporate Projects (All Levels)
- 3 years of experience within the health insurance / health care industry (All Levels)
- 3 years of experience in an Enrollment/Membership services field (All Levels)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or related field of study (All Levels)
- Certification from American Management Association (AMA) (Level 2)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and research complex operational problems related to quality control and procedures in assigned unit.
- Develop and maintain system test plans with Enrollment
- Provide project management.
- Create and/or update training material.
- Develop scopes, business requirements, measurable objectives, risk assessment and issues lists.
- Act a liaison between management, staff, and vendors.
- Build and maintain Enrollment workflow rules within system.
- Analyze files and performs mapping from one system to another.
- Facilitate meetings at multiple levels of staff
- Define, measure, analyze, improve and control - data driven improvement cycle for improving, optimizing and stabilizing business processes and designs.
- Responsible for partnering with the business operations management to develop and maintain productivity strategies and measures
- Develop repeatable, sustainable, measurable process improvement initiatives to drive enhanced service and efficiency to the line of business.
- Identify process improvements during the measurements process and bring to area management’s attention
- Perform high level and detailed analyses on current processes and trends that do not support desired results
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate use of all office equipment and word processing, spreadsheet and database software. (All Levels)
- Intermediate PC proficiency (All Levels) including ACCESS, SQL, XML, HTML and project management software (All Levels)
- Must be able to communicate with employees at all levels across the organization
Required Professional Competencies
- Communicate professionally, both in writing as well as orally, to internal and external customers (All Levels)
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment (All Levels)
- Project management (All Levels)
- Advanced experience with enrollment systems (All Levels)
- Navigate, gather, input and maintain data records in multiple systems applications (All Levels)
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy (All Levels)
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs and guidelines (All Levels)
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data (All Levels)
- Identify and communicate process improvements (All Levels)
- Capable of investigative and analytical research (All Levels)
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Team building skills (All Levels)
- Facilitate problem resolution (All Levels)
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software (All Levels)
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Define new or additional opportunities for data analysis (All Levels)
- Analyze data in large databases/spreadsheets and organize data into reportable results (All Levels)
- Project lead or project management skills (All Levels)
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.