EDI Technical Analyst - Remote AZ
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Level 1 - Entry-level role; Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Track and resolve basic or routine processing problems, coordinating with all areas.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve basic production problems.
- Develop business objectives, processing requirements, and technical specifications.
- Analyze files and map data from one system to another.
- Responsible for production cycles, solving production incidents and notification of problems.
- Write SQL queries needed for production support.
- Ability to query Splunk and App insight for logging results.
- Develop basic test data.
- Process test files and analyze test results.
- Create test files
- Able to use standard API testing tools like SOAP UI or Postman
- Perform execution of test cases/scripts; document results, log defects, and regression testing of defects.
- Perform test execution and defect reporting utilizing testing tools.
- Assist with root cause analysis and triage of key/critical defects for quick turn-around.
- Monitor and track traceability of business requirements to text execution.
- Participate in defect review meetings to explain and/or demonstrate defects.
- Develop and maintain SQL queries to test results and to create mock up data for testing and reporting.
- Assist with technical and data centered research required to produce and test Trading Partner files.
- Understand and apply TR3, Core CAQH and Blue Exchange rules.
- Learn business and systems data and process flows; and how they affects surrounding systems and operational areas.
- Research and analyze application procedural problems and provide recommendations for improvements and changes.
- Develop functional & technical specifications, logic flows and other documentation as applicable.
- Create Mapping Documents to move data between systems
- Synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition and experience to complement data, work flows and procedures.
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations to determine if requested application or application change is possible within the existing system.
- Translate business needs into technical solutions with knowledge of programming languages (SQL, C# or VB.net, ETL, SOA, and OLAP).
- Participate in maintaining operational and disaster-recovery procedures.
- Write or modify procedures for internal use, operational procedures, and computer operations, as applicable.
- General understanding of cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, kubernettes
- Participate on small to large scoped projects.
- Use sound project management methodology and demonstrate solid time management skills.
- Create and deliver presentations.
- Monitor and create priority list(s) that are agreed to by user management.
Level 2 - Performs job functions with general supervision and peer review
- Research, analyze, track and resolve moderately complex production problems.
- Work with IT Infrastructure team to develop and implement effective production monitoring. Including balance and control dashboarding, monitoring and alerting of API’s, data loads, Trading Partner transactions and any other process required to ensure our customers get the data required.
- Working knowledge of specific trading partner process flow.
- Working knowledge of various application integration for EDI. i.e. Portal, IVR, console apps, etc.
- Research transactions to troubleshoot issues or analyze for data trends.
- Ensure the department leverages internal tools and applications effectively.
- Build, support, and maintain moderately complex processes, programs, and data.
- Participate or lead medium to large scoped projects.
- Create moderately complex ad-hoc reports for internal usage and external usage.
- Develop project plans, time estimates and project schedules based on prioritization and business requirements.
- Research and become proficient in one or more applications or data marts.
Level 3 - Performs job functions with moderate supervision
- Complete tech discovery with enough detail for development teams.
- Create Dashboards for monitoring transactions or performance on pieces of a transaction for the overall health of our process.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve high complex production problems
- Work with IT Infrastructure team to develop and implement effective production monitoring.
- Ensure the department leverages internal tools and applications effectively
- Build, support, and maintain moderately complex processes, programs, and data
- Participate or lead Large scoped projects
- Create complex ad-hoc reports for internal usage and external usage
- Develop programs, time estimates and project schedules based on prioritization and business requirements
Level 4 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve complex production problems.
- Build, support, and maintain complex processes, programs, and data.
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required.
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to levels 1 - 3.
- Participate and/or lead complex technical projects.
- Create complex ad-hoc reports for internal usage and external usage.
- Act as a subject matter expert in two or more of areas as assigned:
- BI Production Reporting
- Application Architecture
- Application Architecture and Support
Lead - Performs job functions in a lead capacity
- Act as primary operational contact for internal and external customers when needed or in the absence of manager.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met.
- Lead, develop and mentor staff by providing opportunities for growth through delegation, training, and assignment to various project teams.
- Inform manager of any issues impacting the efficient and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers; Provide timely feedback to team member on performance.
- Assist the manager in the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Understanding of EDI transactions.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Maintain current on new developments in technology-related industries.
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Participate in on-call rotation.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Develops technical documentation, designs, analyzes, tests, provides end user support and training for new applications and data structures; and provides post-implementation review for systems and reporting to support customers and management. This position will be expected to assist with analysis required for all Trading Partner EDI and flat files.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3272