Director, Payroll, Internal Sales & Broker Commissions
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position requires work and residency within the state of AZ.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role incorporates payroll, internal sales channels and external broker commissions teams to ensure accurate and timely payments, financial controls, and oversight of these critical functions.
1. Required Work Experience
· 5 years of experience in payroll processing, sales incentive, broker commissions or a combination or any two or more similar experience. As well as strong leadership experience of dynamic team.
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 8 years of experience in multi-state payroll processing, internal and external sales commissions. As well as similar leadership experience.
2. Preferred Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
3. Preferred Licenses or Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to lead team to effectively manage the multi-state, multi-system, multi-company payroll, internal sales incentive compensation and external Broker Commission functions.
- Strong experience with design, configuration and testing applications relating to these processes and enabling the team to produce accurate payments, documents and reports to all stakeholders with appropriate balance and control framework. Including data management expertise.
- Responsible for vendor management including contract negotiations, addressing service level issues, and request for proposal participation.
- Provide support to team with all internal and external audits and appropriate reporting requirements.
- Strong effective written and oral communication to all stakeholders.
- Expected understanding of associated analytics, including income impact, trend analysis and ability to project results based on membership & employee sales and annual compensation.
- Defines vision and strategy for these processes including technology enhancements and business process improvements.
- Understands and supports technology utilized within these domains always under a process improvement mindset.
- Lead multi-level staff to ensure understanding of team goals & requirements, including staff development and cross-training.
- Responsibilities also include ensuring leaders that they are effectively performance managing their staff.
- Oversight on monthly, quarterly, annual accounting & reporting for Payroll that is accurate and processed timely with guidance from Human Resources (HR); with a solid control environment respecting all company and regulatory privacy compliance laws and rules.
- Oversight for all internal sales and broker commission process and payment is performed timely within company regulations and guidance to ensure compliance with employee, member, and broker privacy.
- The accounting for all processes should be consistently applied, and accurate reporting provided timely within US GAAP. Also, with routine report-outs to impacted departments and leadership.
- All procedures need to be documented (DLPs), stored centrally and reviewed periodically (but not less than once a year).
- Significant process changes require review & approval to ensure compliance with privacy and company guidelines.
- Proactively engages with segment leaders to drive marketing strategy and optimize the broker user experience.
- Analyzes market trends for internal incentive and external commission strategy and makes informed recommendations to segment leaders.
- Defines vision and strategy for BCBSAZ product training experience for the broker community.
- Defines vision and strategy for future state of Broker Web Portal; collaborates with Portal Team Fusion to execute on future state of the broker portal, etc.
- Support Human Resources/Workday functionality and enhancements.
- Collaborates with broker commission operations (external), payroll incentive team (internal), and Broker Enterprise Product Owner to introduce commission enhancement change requests for the Callidus product, including vendor management.
- Showcases and demonstrates broker experience improvements at signature broker events (partner summit and other broker conferences held throughout the year)
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
· Ability to manage all aspects of the payroll, broker commission and sales incentives functions.
· Knowledge and ability to apply multi-state wage laws.
· Understand accounting fundamentals.
· Proficient with payroll, broker commission and sales incentive software/applications.
· Intermediate PC proficiency including Microsoft Office applications.
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of investigate and analytical research
· Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction and departmental communication standards.
· Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Make use of employees’ skill and abilities to deliver business objectives.
· Use available information to focus the team activities and identify priorities
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Write and review business requirements, flow specifications or change requests
· Intermediate proficiency with developing reporting or queries from various applications
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
· Analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
· High standard of performance to achieve aggressive goals
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Apply supervisory experience to direct staff and achieving department goals
· Ability to coach and mentor team members and maintain engagement
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.