Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Provide leadership and direction to support Information technology Infrastructure and Operations. Provide infrastructure strategic technology vision and planning.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and execution of operations and strategy for infrastructure platforms, partnerships, and external relationships across End User Computing, Collaboration, Voice/Telecom, Network, Cloud (internal and external), Data Center, Servers, and Databases.
- Recommend and implement new technology where needed based on business strategy while maintaining a cohesive approach with current and legacy technology platforms.
- Create and maintain an infrastructure vision and roadmap that aligns with the business needs of BCBSAZ. Continuously refine and update the infrastructure strategic vision and roadmap to meet the current and future technology needs of BCBSAZ.
- Anticipate and react to major infrastructure changes while maintaining a leadership position in the competitive marketplace.
- Build and manage infrastructure teams and oversee research and development, as well as infrastructure project sponsorship and management oversight.
- Provide feedback and guidance on architectural designs of technology deployments.
- Identify promising new infrastructure capabilities and facilitate their evaluation and ultimate introduction.
- Manage corporate infrastructure projects, priorities, and schedules while maintaining corporate technology standards.
- Ensure currency and optimization of all installed infrastructure, tools, products, and applications.
- Partner with other leaders to identify points of leverage, integration, and resource sharing opportunities.
- Work closely with business leaders and subject matter experts to identify and maximize opportunities to utilize infrastructure capabilities that will improve business processes, promotes the strategic use of information technology, and enables the workforce to use technology for improved productivity.
- Set strategy for spending decisions related to infrastructure. Provide budgetary forecasting of equipment, software, service, and license needs company-wide. Assist BCBSAZ with hardware, software, and services contract negotiations and document reviews.
- Direct the establishment and maintenance of operational procedures for protecting data and programs from equipment failure, user error, disk and tape backups, and power-up/IPL procedures for both normal and emergency situations.
- Champion ITIL process adherence and continuous improvement.
- Help maintain a Disaster Recovery / IT Contingency plan for BCBSAZ computer equipment and software. Develop and executes Disaster Recovery testing to URAC specifications.
- Take the infrastructure leadership role in internal and external / third party audit reviews
- Establish and adhere to Business Service Level Agreements for systems and applications.
- Manage modifications or updates to the production environment.
- Evaluate and negotiate with outside vendors, maintain and select various telecommunications and computer software and hardware. Develop standards for hardware and software acquisitions and recommend purchase. Establish local supply arrangements with selected vendors for hardware, software and maintenance.
- Oversee day-to-day departmental administration by coaching and motivating managerial staff and departmental personnel to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and ensure future success.
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- Support BCBSAZ’s Core Value of maintaining a heritage of service, by supporting the community.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Within BCBSAZ and HCA, it is essential that we create a culture of inclusion and opportunity as well as actively guard against bias of any kind. Discrimination and racism are real. Our aim is to empower every member of our team to engage in our mission of improving health for Arizonans. We believe that the power and perspective of diversity and inclusion is in fact, essential to our success in serving clients, achieving our mission and creating a healthy environment for all.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.