- Lead architectural design, implementation and modification activities in conjunction with Team Leaders, other IT managers, users and management.
- Manage and develop a performing enterprise, solution and data architecture team.
- Collaborate with Business Segments to anticipate needs that drive architecture
- Maintain currency of the technology landscape including vendors, techniques, solutions, etc.
- Analyze design and architectural issues and adjust system design to solve problems in a dynamic environment; align Enterprise architecture with Business Processes and Requirements. Provide perspective on leading industry trends, and recommend new and emerging technologies.
- Ensure integrity of solutions during their lifetime; conduct product evaluations and tradeoffs.
- Work with Information Security Services and Corporate Integrity to design with system and application security in mind.
- Establish domain specific standards, near/mid-term strategy, and roadmaps (0-18 months), in adherence to, and in support of Enterprise standards, strategy and roadmaps.
- Create technology roadmaps that support our strategies (18-60 months).
- Document domain specific content/collateral, based on the EA standards/ methodologies supporting the current state and future state architecture.
- Develop technology specifications and ensure that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness, and leverage existing technologies when possible.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Participate and lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), when introducing new technologies.
- Provide technical expertise to the Project Management Office (PMO) and Project Review Board (PRB) including effort projections, work breakdown structures and technical resource planning
- Educate and influence others in order to gain buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Participate in various phases of the SDLC to perform QA/architectural review functions and to ensure adherence to Enterprise Architecture (EA) technology standards and project specific solutions architecture. (i.e., design reviews).
- Ensures technology solutions are ready to meet the defined specifications, and that the solution is sustainable
- Facilitate communications between IS workgroups and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes; acting as the technical domain subject matter expert.
- Provide technical guidance to coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to manager(s).
- Keep current and informed of domain related technologies and best practices.
- Serve as technical owner and IT focal point for domain specific solutions.
- Develop staff, including development and maintenance of training materials for new and existing staff, establishing performance goals, regular follow up with staff and year-end performance evaluations.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals. Ensure service level agreements are established, monitored and managed effectively; identify, prioritize, and resolve issues with business areas and vendors
- Monitor quality performance, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies.
- Review relevant production and operating policies to ensure that the most efficient processes are in place and determine tactical plans to improve processes and services that can be streamlined and/or improved.
- Perform cost, risk, supportability, effectiveness, and architectural compliance analysis on systems and applications.
- Participate in developing technical and business strategy; apply and promote technology that optimizes the portfolio of technologies, tools, products, and applications.
- Establish and meet short and long term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
- Work business leaders and subject matter experts to use technology to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of information technology, and enable workforce utilization and efficiency.
- Deliver assessment services, develop business cases, design solution architecture, and recommend multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change.
- Ensure re-use of existing services, solutions and components wherever possible to minimize development or acquisition of new solutions; ensure new solutions are designed and developed in a cost-efficient manner, and meet service quality.
- Support the PMO during installations, upgrades, changes and integrations including test design, execution and support
- Develop timelines, work estimates, cost projections, and manage projects to approved guidelines; review and consult on design and technical approach of projects to ensure consistency.
- Review software procurement plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural decisions.
- Provide analytical and programming support and planning for IT projects, initiatives, and systems.
- Ensure change management protocols maximize benefit and alleviate unnecessary disruption.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Provide capacity planning, forecasting, and budgeting of equipment, software, service, and license needs to support Information Technology and our Business partners.
- Review software and hardware procurement plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural decisions.
- Conduct vendor negotiations to contain or reduce contract services expense and/or one time purchase expense
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Position may require evening, weekend, or on-call schedules, depending on project requirements and/or system status.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.