Director - Digital Products
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position requires work and residency within the state of AZ.
ABOUT THE JOB
Help us run our digital ecosystem! Expertise with digital experience, product operations, data-driven storytelling and passion for customer experience is required.
This job plays a critical role in the effective delivery of the Digital experiences. The digital product delivery leader requires a strategic and an analytical mindset. This role is accountable for prioritization and execution of digital capabilities across various digital customer facing platforms. The role assumes ownership to identify and manage risks, issues, and dependencies to ensure a streamlined digital delivery schedule. This leader will manage the team of Digital Product Owners and work closely with the Technical Engineering counterparts.
1. Required Work Experience
· 7+ years management experience, strongly preferred
· 7+ years of experience managing technology processes as it pertains to healthcare operations or digital platforms
· 5+ years of demonstrated ability to support products, programs or services - either digital or offline-in order to further the customer experience
· 3+ years of leading a team of Product Owners and managing cross-dependent technology teams
· Health insurance industry experience
2. Required Education
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, marketing, healthcare administration or related field
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: large enterprise platforms and complex implementations
· 3+ years of experience in leading an engineering development team
· 2+ years of experience working in data management within a customer domain
· 2+ years of experience working with UX design, UX research and customer journey mapping
· 2-3 years agile/scrum experience
· 2-3 years working closely with Product Management functions
2. Preferred Education
· MBA, MA or MS in information technology, computer science, business administration, marketing, or related field
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Hands-on position requiring business acumen, strong leadership and relationship-building skills, and issue management skills. Requires a pragmatic and solution-oriented individual who collaborates with business and technical leaders to deliver a seamless customer experience. Ability to simultaneously manage agile delivery teams and track enterprise-wide delivery dependencies.
- Deliver digital products that are sustainable, robust, high-performing and meet the performance expectations of customers.
- Partner closely with IT leadership, Data Architecture and Governance, and Enterprise Architecture teams to communicate digital experience requirements and align on the timing and delivery of both strategic and tactical technology requirements.
- Collaborate with IT, Customer Experience and Digital Design teams to evolve, enhance, and maintain digital products.
- Understand and leverage technology, data and high-performing integrations to deliver adaptable and flexible digital experiences aligned with experiences across other channels.
- Serve as a strong advocate for the end user, armed with quantitative and qualitative data that provides analysis and insights into ways to continuously improve and innovate the digital customer experience.
- Work closely with Customer Experience team to incorporate customer needs and wants and to align on CX standards, measurement, and reporting.
- Maintain strong cross-functional relationships with execution partners to resolve customer-issues.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to define product requirements, user stories, and technical specification Measure digital product performance and impact via appropriate metrics or dashboard.
- Leverages reporting and analytics tools, continually monitors procedures and operational metrics to ensure these are met by staff
- Effectively adjusts communications depending upon audience; translates technical and/or business issues in non-technical/non-jargon terms to non-technical or executive audiences.
- Has fiscal responsibility for unit budget
- Position requires significant and regular external contact with customers or agencies
- Oversee day-to-day departmental administration by coaching and motivating managerial staff and departmental personnel to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and maximize system efficiencies.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and ensure future success.
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- Support BCBSAZ’s Core Value of maintaining a heritage of service through community involvement.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communications, targeted at both internal and external customers and key stakeholders.
· Ability to communicate with and influence IT personnel
· Strong understanding of customer experience and/or online trends
· Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Ability to quickly identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
· Ability to forge strong cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders
· Management skills in an operationally changing environment, with drive for results and success of objectives.
· Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry.
· Recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions.
· Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities.
· Ability to assimilate multiple new functions, services, projects, and systems while maintaining existing systems.
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
· High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
· Principled leadership and sound business ethics
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Salesforce CRM
· API technologies
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.