Dir- Finance Data Strategy and Modernization
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job:
· Thought leadership around and execution of comprehensive financial data strategy. This includes continuous improvement around process automation and the implementation and utilization of appropriate tools to ensure successful outcomes throughout the Finance organization including accounting, financial planning and analysis and actuarial services.
· Provide leadership support to finance systems team that has operational support responsibilities to maintain, develop, upgrade and respond to break/fix requests for finance processing systems including: Oracle ERP, Hyperion (EPM), Payroll and HR systems (Workday) Enterprise reporting systems (DOMO) and other related finance and accounting systems.
· Provide leadership support to finance systems support team that has operational support responsibilities to maintain, develop, upgrade and respond to break/fix requests for finance related processes that are part of the Corporate Core Operating systems including: Claims processing and payment, enrollment, and billing systems (HRP, Metavance, TPS, Wipro, Sage Intacct, etc.), including PCI and NACHA requirements.
Design and implement an accounting hub that connects with BCSAZ core claims, enrollment, and billing systems, and other systems as appropriate.
- Participate in the analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of core data systems, specifically as they integrate or intersect with Accounting data.
- Participate in the analysis, design, development and implementation of a finance and accounting hub for use with Accounting, FP&A and Actuarial staff.
- Ensure enrollment, billing and claims systems are optimally designed to support premium payments/posting, claims payments, claims overpayment recovery, reporting and other processes required by Accounting.
- Participate in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of core financial systems (Oracle, Workday, Hyperion) to ensure they are meeting the needs of Finance departments and corporate users.
- Participate in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of broker and sales incentive applications and processes. Ensure effectiveness and efficiency for all users.
- Represent Finance on large corporate initiatives that impact the operations or reporting of the division. Ensure we are prepared to operationalize and support initiatives.
- Provide recommendations in the development and design of new or revised system logic to support changes required by legislative activity, customer needs, regulatory agencies, finance policy changes, corporate system changes, etc.
- Oversee the development of business requirements to support system implementations or system changes
- Ensure that core finance systems efficiently facilitate key processes supplemented by integrations and customizations. Assess whether current systems meet the needs of the division, making recommendations for replacement or enhancement as needed.
- Participating, assisting, or leading regulatory compliance with PCI and NACH regulations.
- Respond to audit and management requests from auditors including internal auditors, Arizona Insurance Department auditors, FEP, BCBSA, CMS, National Accounts, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day departmental administration by coaching and motivating managerial staff and departmental personnel to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and ensure future success.
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience working with and supporting finance systems such as Oracle, Hyperion, and Workday systems, or similar systems.
- 5 years of management experience
- 7 years of experience in managing and developing finance systems and data strategies for a complex organization
Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in data science
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, and Workday systems, with at least 3 years of experience working with claims processing and premium billing and payment systems and processes as well as core financial systems
- 7 years of management experience
- 10 years of experience in managing and developing finance systems and data strategies for a complex organization
- Experience with finance process design/architecture
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Strong skills with core MS products: Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint.Expert skill in financial processes including accounting, payroll. accounts receivable, accounts payable, and budgeting
- Basic knowledge of how accounting transactions integrate with Core financial systems
- Knowledge of core financial and HRIS applications such as Oracle ERP, Oracle EPM, and Workday systems
- Understanding of Agile project management philosophy
- Expert understanding of information systems processes
- Skills to effectively manage in an operationally changing environment, drive for results, and achieve success on planned objectives.
- Work with all levels of management and functional areas in BCBSAZ and understand the potential implications of system changes to those areasInterpersonal skills that allow for harmonious relationships with vendors, providers, members and coworkers.
- Presentation skills are effective in a variety of formal settings as well as small groups and one-on-ones.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities.
- Ability and experience to assimilate multiple new functions, services, projects and systems while maintaining existing systems and programs.
- Support priorities and direction of corporate leadership
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments and levels of administration
- High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
- Principled leadership and sound business ethics
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES:Preferred Job Skills
- In-depth knowledge of business rules and definitions used in the health insurance industry.
- Knowledge of internal departments and operations in healthcare insurance industry.
- Can deal comfortably with senior management; can present to senior management in an appropriate and positive manner.
- Respond and relate well to executive management; is open to learning from managers.
- Demostrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs and effectively communicates in a timely manner consistent with the business strategy
- Cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work envirnoment
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations
- Resource management skills
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.