Digital Product Manager
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The Digital Product Manager develops strategic plans for leading the design and delivery of a suite of digital products. The role focuses on understanding and advocating for the voice of the customer, digital design, quality data, innovation, and creativity to drive business results through simple, connected, engaging, and personalized digital experiences that meet customer needs and expectations and promote loyalty and retention. The Digital Product Manager has the responsibility of driving digital experiences by managing product lifecycles consistent with changing market expectations, research and brand voice and developing a clear line of sight to experience performance, product metrics and operational support required to meet business objectives. This role will coordinate internally with key business partners and product development teams to support the delivery of an exceptional experience to stakeholders including members, providers, brokers, employers and employees.
Required Work Experience
- 1 year of leadership experience with proven ability to provide effective technical solutions to meet business needs
- 4 years of experience in software product management, health insurance, product development, API Technology or in a role with demonstrated product design and analytical experience
- 5 years of experience in business analysis, health insurance, product development, multi-faceted system integrations or in a role with demonstrated product/vendor management and analytical experience in addition to leading a team of skilled Product Managers.
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Product Owner and/or Product Manager certification (if not at time of hire, within 12 months of placement)
Preferred Work Experience
- 6 years of experience inventing, managing, and scaling consumer facing products/applications for health payers
- 6 years of experience leading cross-functional teams such as User Experience Design, Product Engineering, Quality Assurance, Pre-Sales, and technology led development through product development lifecycle
- 5 years of experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree Healthcare Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field
- Scaled Agile Framework Certifications
- Align the digital strategy from conception to implementation, through the development and maintenance of the product(s) roadmap. Outline the work necessary to meet business objectives, while creating plans for future designs to stay current.
- Utilize effective product management practices to ensure a robust product backlog in partnership with the Delivery Product Owner for an on-time, on-budget delivery of digital applications and platforms.
- Drive digital solution idea conceptualization, vision, identification of business value through product solutions.
- Manage the digital platform/product lifecycle by researching, recommending, and deploying solutions and enabling technologies to maintain and sustain a current and secure product ecosystem.
- Collaborates and creates alignment with both business stakeholders and product development teams to deliver a powerful, differentiated, and cohesive digital product experience for users.
- Serves as the owner and escalation point for the digital products assigned within the role’s responsibility.
- Prioritize work as appropriate to ensure business needs are being met.
- Partner with Business Users to ensure a fill understanding of business requirements
- Assist management in understanding scope and impact of proposed changes, defects and enhancements.
- Actively participates in expanding the understanding of Product Management and Design Thinking theory within the organization.
- Leads the assigned product/platform strategy, vision, and goals, including the latest market/trends/competitor products and customer needs.
- Assist with facilitating escalations when needed.
- Works closely with the Director of Digital Strategy and Delivery, Product Managers, Strategists across cross-functional teams to assist the Digital Delivery teams and deliver the roadmap
- Advises and aligns with adjacent product teams to ensure a consistent and cohesive progression of the digital and organizational strategy.
- Accurately reads and analyzes available data to continue innovation for all organizational needs.
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing digital strategy, and the business areas supported by the Digital Product portfolio.
- Periodically re-prioritize the Product Backlog based on customer feedback
- Accessible for the team to answer questions, and during planning sessions, and daily/weekly stand-ups.
- Owns the responsibility of monitoring, analyzing, and acting on key product analytics to continually improve the product and enhance customer lifetime value.
- Create and deliver presentations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and product needs
- Recognized voice of the business to the team
- Works closely with project managers to represent capabilities and features at team level
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Develop a culture of trust, accountability, teamwork, high quality results and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities along with good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Understands and advocates for the user persona as it relates to the digital product portfolio
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members on behaviors, processes and techniques required to successfully deliver value to the organization. Remove impediments, manage risks and resolve issues escalated by team members
- Expected to have a solid understanding of the projects and issues the delivery team(s) is involved in and ensure communication of critical successes, issues, and incidents to leadership.
- Assist with vendor management, as necessary.
- Maintain relationships across the organization to ensure alignment of goals and consistency of practices, processes, and timelines.
- Knowledge of healthcare product integrations, understanding of healthcare customer transactions
- Familiarity with product design processes and strategies, product integrations and healthcare delivery
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, project management, powerpoint and word processing software
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of and experience with the development of business requirements, user acceptance testing and their supporting toolsets.
- Advanced process development skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites, Windows Server, and networking applications
- Strong understanding of product management and research and organizational skills.
- Advanced problem-solving and investigative analysis skills
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to effectively break down barriers to maintain progress on initiatives
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perserverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Creativity and innovative problem-solving abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business documentation.
- Experience working with and managing third parties
- Extensive experience and judgment necessary to plan and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge to generate reports based on available data and make decisions based on reported data
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation.
- Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment.
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, scanner and telephones
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Intermediate knowledge of product management softward applications
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Impeccable product leadership skills
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
- knowledge of internal departments and operations
- Strong technical documentation skills and a strong ability to translate technical concepts so that they are easily understood by laymen.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Mentor team members and peers
- Ability to build lesson plans and deliver lessons to team members
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R2985