Digital Product Lead-5+ years digital mgmt experience
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Provides tactical execution for all digital initiatives including web site development, mobile platform and presence, creative design, content management, self-service adoption, interactive customer/stakeholder communication, and ongoing maintenance of digital products. Serves as a leader in examining and implementing the effectiveness of content changes, web analytics strategy, and promoting best industry standards to enhance user experience.
5 years Experience in a digital-related field
5 years Experience with business analysis or quality assurance
5 years Experience in project management and working with Agile / Scrum environments
5 years Using a web content management platform (e.g. Sitecore)
2 years Implementing, enhancing, and using a CRM (e.g. Salesforce)
4 years Experience with user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites
3 years UX/UI concept design and usability testing
1. Required Education
High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work experience
7 years Experience in a digital-related field
7 years Experience with business analysis or quality assurance
7 years Experience in project management and working with Agile / Scrum work environments as a product owner, writing user stories and following the development process through user story acceptance.
7 years Using a web content management platform (e.g. Sitecore)
4 years Implementing, enhancing, and using a CRM (e.g. Salesforce)
7 years Experience with user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites
5 years UX/UI concept design and usability testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field (Levels 1 - 2)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or a related field (Level 3 - 4)
- Business Analyst Certification (All levels)
- Project Management Certification (PMP) (All levels)
- Scrum Product Owner Certification (All levels)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Level 1 - Performs job functions under general supervision or peer review
- Review, prioritize, and translate stakeholder requests for web content updates
- Execute on web content changes using Sitecore authoring and HTML/CSS as needed
- Obtain stakeholder validation and publish web content changes within defined Service Level Agreements
- Translate emerging customer needs into digital experiences and associated plans or initiatives
- Gather and translate the business needs and requirements into detailed product specifications (eg. user stories, acceptance criteria, mock ups etc.) for the relevant development team to implement
- Provide support to Product Owners in backlog grooming sessions and release planning sessions
- Create, review, and execute test cases against user stories acceptance criteria
- Analyze a website's key performance metrics and competitive trending
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards for tracking of critical measures for the department
- Translate web analytics trends into opportunities to enhance user experiences and meet business objectives
- Share insights across internal and external teams, allowing data to inform and drive business needs
- Closely work with product owners and management to generate ad-hoc/automated snapshot reports and key performance indicators to be displayed on dashboards
- Participate in research and design sessions with customers, internal users, and key stakeholders.
- Accessible for the team to answer questions, and during Sprint planning sessions, and Daily Scrum
Level 2 - Performs job functions with moderate supervision and peer review (in addition to level 1 activities)
- Interface with internal/external customers and can clearly communicate complex technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Offer guidance to the team during design, development, and testing phases and holds accountability for the overall solution
- Accountable for the product backlog and prioritization of user stories with team members. Champions the features which will provide the most internal and external value to create best-in-class online experience
- In absence of a Product Owner actively runs and participates in backlog grooming sessions, retrospectives, and project team’s release planning sessions
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to level 1
Level 3 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Support manager in the oversight of business activities related to the planning, oversight, and management of the tactical execution for all electronic channel projects
- Assist management in project support and project resource planning
- Lead, instruct, direct and check the work of other team members
- Lead team in developing front-end (comps) solutions by applying accepted processes or create new approaches to leverage technology
- Develop and conduct research and design sessions with customers, internal users, and key stakeholders.
- Consolidate and translate research findings, team input, client needs/strategy and brand characteristics into authentic and usable interface solutions.
- Review and approve design and content documentation for Digital Products
- Ensure the existence of documented department policies and procedures. Assures quality of review through peer quality review functions throughout the department
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort; provide the team with a vision of the project objectives
- Act as primary operational contact for internal and external customers when needed / in the absence of manager
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Lead, develop and mentor staff by providing opportunities for growth through delegation, training, and assignment to various project teams
- Inform manager of any issues impacting the efficient and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers; Provide timely feedback to team member on performance
- Assist manager in the day-to-day operations of the department
Level 4 LEAD - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Provide leadership and strategic decision making around the use of CRM and Digital technologies to improve customer and stakeholder experiences.
- Communicate vision, direction, tradeoffs, and status of digital transformation initiatives with senior level stakeholders
- Partner and collaborate with executives and senior leaders across both technology and non-technology teams to plan and implement digital transformation initiatives.
- Develop UX prototypes in order to demonstrate the overall vision or test new ideas.
- Educate and inform product owners supporting all aspects of the digital and CRM value streams.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve customer engagement using tools within Salesforce such as Einstein.
- Intake, evaluate, prioritize, and implement new customer engagement workflows and journeys in Salesforce.
- Apply analytics and data driven insights to customer actions in order to identify trends and customer experience improvement opportunities.
- Prioritize enhancements and future development work enabling deeper integration between digital channels and Salesforce CRM.
- Define the vision and overall approach around the integration of owned digital products and CRM.
- Support cross-functional projects to identify, prioritize, and execute on improvements to the customer experience and customer engagement, including creation of business cases and tracking of results.
- Partner with segment leadership to identify opportunities to enhance and grow new and legacy digital channels; drive growth, adoption, and optimize experiences to hit quarterly and annual targets
- Lead and participate in planning efforts ensuring CRM and Digital roadmaps align to the long-term digital strategy
- Develop and maintain a multi-year CRM (Sales, Service, and Marketing) strategic plan reflecting critical business needs and positioned to support the corporate strategy
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Knowledge of web, mobile, and voice portal usability best practices.
- Intermediate understanding of HTML and CSS
- Intermediate documentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- The ability to communicate at all levels, the role will require the Product Owner to be able to communicate effectively with their team, a peer network of stakeholders, senior executives, technical resources as well as staff in other countries.
- Analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Use analytics, research, and usability testing to improve user experience and support business goals.
- Analyze seemingly disparate and unconnected information and translate it into customer experiences and business requirements. Proficiency in business process design and bridging design to technology solutions.
- Prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints. Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Systems research and analysis.
- Creative judgment and ability to think strategically. Conceptual and tactical planning skills.
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing. Ability to strategize, prioritize and execute against established eChannel roadmap. Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge to generate reports based on available data and make decisions based on reported data
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation.
- Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment.
Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced HTML and CSS capabilities
- Advanced UX/UI design proficiency
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and word processing software
Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced systems research and analysis expertise
- Advanced knowledge and experience of user story development and user acceptance testing.
- Work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to Levels 2 - 3)
- Ability to provide mentoring to team members and peers
- Ability to build lesson plans and deliver to team members
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.