Digital Initiatives, Senior Manager
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote within the state of AZ only. This remote work opportunity requires residency , and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Purpose of the job
The Senior Manager for Digital Initiatives reports to the Staff Vice President of Digital and supports the digital, experience and IT leaders in essential activities of the BCBSAZ digital strategy, planning, operations support, budget, return metrics and digital engagement. This important role analyzes data, drives recommendations, and manages key initiatives that fit with the digital future state by playing the role of the customer voice. Expertise in digital healthcare technologies and program management is preferred.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 7 years of experience in product or program management, business analysis, health insurance operations, or related field
- 5 years of experience in process improvement, developing new business processes according to customer specifications
- 3 years supervisory or management experience
- High School Degree or GED in Business or related field of study
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 10 years of experience in product or program management, business analysis, health insurance operations, or related field
- 10 years of experience in process improvement, developing new business processes according to customer specifications
- 5 years supervisory or management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare management, information technology, business analytics, business, or related field
- Scaled Agile Framework, Agile Product Owner, Project Management Professional
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as resource and advisor to Staff VP, Digital and the Digital team to launch and manage initiatives supporting the digital strategy
- Develop, own, monitor, and support digital metrics and create recommended action plans for the digital leaders
- Serve as subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans for solutions
- Prepare and disseminate effective communication material internally to stakeholders
- Partner with Marketing to ensure product/project marketing and launch efforts correspond with the market opportunity, are well coordinated with the sales team, and are impactful
- Partner with Product owners, Product Managers and IT to ensure the readiness, monitoring and functioning of key digital capabilities
- Oversee digital initiatives of high importance, coordinate initiatives, work with cross-functional teams, and serve as liaison with BCBSAZ leaders
- Develop relationships with and act as the communication hub and documentation source for stakeholders and leadership.
- Monitor and drive performance based on management expectation and the execution of assigned activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in healthcare related industries
- Oversee team by coaching and motivating staff and departmental personnel to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Monitor all Enterprise Product Key Performance Indicators, coach to correct product performance issues, initiate risk mitigation strategies, report and/or escalate issues to Chief Marketing Officer.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting.
- Serve as Digital member for various committees, strategic projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide back-up support to the Chief Marketing Officer as needed
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Strong PC proficiency
- Strong MS Office software skills including Visio
- Project management skills
- Process development skills
- Ability to decipher and assimilate business requirements and federal/state regulations
Required Professional Competencies
- Strong influencing abilities to manage internal partners and ensure promised deliverables are achieved.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams with both internal and external stakeholders. Ability to lead and influence in a matrixed environment is critical.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively in a 1-1 or group setting.
- Highly proficient in developing written documentation of technical and business requirements
- Ability to effectively present products and services in a group or 1-1 setting.
- Ability to extract and understand client needs.
- Ability to correspond with customers through effective professional written communication.
- Ability to identify issues and drive them to resolution.
- Working knowledge of healthcare related regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Act with diplomacy and sensitivity with our clients and internal departments.
- Ability to interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs and guidelines to stakeholders.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Proven matrix leadership competencies
- Ability to align team and work with strategic imperatives and company values
- High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
Preferred Job Skills
- Strong knowledge of current employer buying trends
- Detailed knowledge of benefit designs
- Working knowledge of healthcare technology enablers, e.g. telehealth, CDH accounts
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Understanding of sales and operations
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.