Digital Content Specialist-content dev experience required
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote/hybrid within the state of AZ only. This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
The Creative Services, Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for delivering performance-based content for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona’s various platforms, including website, email, blogs, articles, and digital media. The Digital Content Specialist will work closely with business stakeholders and cross-funcitonal marketing teams to research, develop and execute a content strategy that promotes AZBlues corporate mission to inspire health and make it easy, elevate brand awareness, and enrich the relationships between AZBlue and it’s members. The Digital Content Specialist reports to the Creative Director.
Required Work Experience
- Level 1: 3-5 years of professional writing experience in marketing, communications, or related field
- Level 2: 6-8 years of professional writing experience in marketing, communications, or related field
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing, or related field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 3 years of experience writing for consumer and business audiences
- 3 years of experience writing all forms of digital marketing and advertising
- 3 years of experience writing for agency and/or in-house creative team
- Experience writing for healthcare, health insurance, or financial services a plus
Level 1: 3-5 years of professional writing experience
Level 2: 6-8 years of professional writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field of study
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Plan, document and execute multi-channel campaigns to drive to specified KPIs based on our strategic goals.
Work alongside our marketing and business teams to collate creative assets to support campaigns and promotional objectives that align with the brand, voice, and tone.
Make regular updates to our portfolio of web properties including posting story content, creating landing page experiences and producing content that drives SEO value.
Create and execute frameworks for reporting and measuring content across all channels.
Conduct QA on digital assets and experiences to ensure quality
Be a best practices ambassador by encouraging and educating partners on proven approaches to digital marketing as it relates to paid, owned and earned media.
Communicate expectations, status updates, and deadlines to stakeholders.
Stay up to date on best practices, innovations, and tools to improve the effectiveness of our digital marketing program.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Performs Level 1 responsibilities
- Able to skillfully present to senior/executive level management
- Able to champion development and execution of critical campaigns, programs and initiatives
- Able to identify, mitigate or resolve challenging situations with little or no management involvement.
- Understands how management thinks and uses this information to further the success of a project.
- Engages with design lead and agencies to ensure on-brand execution of campaign deliverables
- Proofreads materials and oversees QA/proofreading processes with internal and external resources
- Meets 99% error-free standard
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex projects and plans to deliver results.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellence in building and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and applications such as project management tools.
- Experience or familiarity with marketing automation tools or enterprise email platforms like Saleforce.
- Experience with the Google Marketing Platform (including Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio etc..).
- Proficiency in front-end web development and an interest in user experience design a plus.
- Experience in writing for healthcare, health insurance or financial services a plus.
2. Required Professional Competencies
- Level 1
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Able to write for many different audiences, including consumer and business
- Self-directed, capable of completing assignments with minimal direction
- Level 2
- Able to champion development and execution of critical campaigns, programs, and initiatives
- Possess excellent professional and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and interface with all levels of employees and leadership
- All Levels
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Able to identify alternative ways to solve business needs/problems
- Possess a deep understanding of BCBSAZ products, services, and market positioning
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Level 1
- Able to work effectively and negotiate with external vendors
- Understand how best to work through complex political situations and team dynamics
- Level 2
- Able to identify, mitigate, or resolve challenging situations with little or no management involvement
- Able to skillfully present to senior / executive level management
- Understand how management thinks and uses this information to further the success of a project
- All Levels
- Translate daily work into overall company goals and objectives
- Make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines
- Interpret BCBSAZ’s goals and apply them to campaigns and messages
- Able to work effectively with employees from all divisions
- Understand each audience’s needs and pain points to maximize projects and campaigns
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3064