Digital Business Architect - Remote - AZ
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Partner with enterprise and divisional strategy teams to maintain alignment and transparency of business strategy and measured outcomes with strategic technology roadmap.
- Provide business architecture support for acquisition planning, due diligence, and long-term strategic roadmap alignment.
- Develop, communicate, and exceed business architecture objectives and key results aligned with business and technology outcomes.
- Mentor and educate partners and team members on business architecture principles, operating models, and desired value-based outcomes.
- Adapt and remain effective in a dynamic and changing environment.
Required Work Experience
- 10 years of experience in business and/or Enterprise Architecture in the US Healthcare Payor space.
- 10 years of experience in business process, data, and technology leadership.
- 5 years of experience with proven ability to lead a business architecture team.
- 2 years of leadership experience to provide effective technical solutions to meet business needs
- High-School Diploma or GED in general fied of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in an Architecture role
- 3 years of experience with deployment
- 2 years of experience in a management or leadership role Subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or a related field
- Accountable for building and managing a highly effective business architecture focused on enabling successful business outcomes through continued alignment of technology roadmap/s, technology strategy, and business short- and longer-term objectives.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona enterprise business capability and value stream models to Support Business Performance
- Assess the current maturity of the business capability and value streams and collaborate with Business architecture teams to establish a vision and roadmap across Enterprise Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Apply the principles of capability-based planning towards effective build and execution of technology strategies and roadmaps.
- Own and deliver and implement Business Architecture (BA) for all Business Enterprise Performance office and Responsible for integration with central EA practices of Business, Technology, Enterprise Solution arch, and Technology governance.
- Accountable for communicating value-based analyses to business Service senior leaders related to business and technology strategy alignments with multiyear roadmaps.
- Ensure effective alignment of technology strategies with short- and long-term business strategies.
- Establish effective partnerships with business segment executives and key business partners to drive changes needed for business model evolution and transformations with effective leverage of technology.
- Partner with business leaders to provide insight into technology investments required to achieve desired business objectives and outcomes as part of business strategic planning.
- Partner with enterprise portfolio teams in planning and supporting initiatives relying on technology changes for successful delivery
- Provide analytical and technical support and planning for IT projects, initiatives, and systems.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona enterprise business capability and value stream models.to support Enrollment & Claims.
- Accountable for developing and communicating value-based analyses and technical solutions to support Enrollment and Claims processing across business segments.
- Ensure change management protocols maximize benefits and alleviate unnecessary disruption.
- Responsible for developing the blueprint for a complete system - a suite of applications that support the processes required to deliver a complete business capability
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Position may require evening, weekend, or on-call schedules, depending on project requirements and/or system status.
Required Job Skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience related to the Healthcare Payor process and systems
- Advanced skill in computer system validation including SOP development, implementation, and adherence
- Robust experience and knowledge of current technical architectures.
- Strong skills in documentation, processes, and collaboration.
- Experience working with high volume, transactional, large capacity systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Knowledge of budgeting and purchasing
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to engage with senior and executive leaders, both business and technology.
- Ability to successfully leverage technology to meet business objectives.
- Ability to operate at varying levels of abstraction to successfully influence leaders through change cycles.
- Highly skilled at designing and implementing multiple tier architecture solutions, developing high-performance and secure systems and system integration
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives, and exercise independent judgment
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments and levels of administration
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints
- Strong organizational and management skills
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate flexibility, anticipate customer needs and effectively communicate in a timely manner consistent with the business strategy.
- Subject matter expert in all concepts of Enterprise Architecture
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and external customers.
- Advance tactical planning and decision analysis skills
- Presentation and public speaking.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Identify resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for staff growth
- Promote and supports the overall quality principles and company quality program.
- Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking.
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work environment with positive impact to employee engagement
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations.
- Resource management skills.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.